Sign in with
Your question

Need Help With PS - Size and Selection for Case

Last response: in Components
October 24, 2006 3:48:21 PM

Hey Everybody,
Well I went and purchased an Antec P180B, so it will be delivered in the next couple of days. Now I'm looking for a powersupply. I'm currently thinking about getting this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

However, I'm not sure if it will fit in the powersupply compartment provided in the P180B. Does anybody know if this powersupply will fit in there? I've heard that this powersupply is a bit bigger than others, and I couldn't find any specs on the powersupply compartment for the case.

My other question is: Do you think that Powersupply prices will drop when the new power hungry DX10 cards are released early in November? If so, I might wait to see if this baby comes down a bit. I definately want to get a DX10 card, which is why I'm getting a PS with so much power. Thanks!

More about : size selection case

Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
October 25, 2006 2:33:37 AM

But the P180 has that sort of little metal cage with rubber dampening to go over the PSU, I dont really know if it would be a problem with a 'longer' psu.

Seasonic modular PSU have the seame footprint has their regular PSU and I know they fit well and that cabling is long enough, but you'll only get 600W with a 10$ extra for this price...

Damn I feel like a seasonic Fanboy always mentionning them, but they are nice :lol: 
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
October 25, 2006 4:00:47 AM

Oh well always installed it hehe...
Then I dont see any reaso why it would fit, but nothing like first hand experience with tha particular combo...
November 1, 2006 3:57:04 PM

I'm gonna bust my case out of the box in the next couple days and measure that compartment - That'll do it!! :) 
!