workgroup name returns to default

December 7, 2004 5:01:50 PM

Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
"mshome"
Anonymous
December 7, 2004 5:01:51 PM

Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
> Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
> setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
> "mshome"

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 8:21:46 PM

I did, and got no reply -

would love an answer , even a vauge idea as to cause ....

news:o Th5XpJ3EHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
> > Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
> > setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
> > "mshome"

December 8, 2004 9:11:03 PM

"Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
> Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
> setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
> "mshome"

Are any other settings forgotten? I'd almost wonder if the system was
having difficulties with the NIC. Might be worth trying it in another slot
or replacing it temporarily.

HTH
-pk
Anonymous
December 9, 2004 4:06:54 PM

If I had an answer I'd certainly give it to you.

Have you tried the windowsxp.configuration_manage and
windowsxp.security_admin newsgroups?

--

!