workgroup name returns to default

Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
"mshome"
4 answers Last reply
More about workgroup returns default

    Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
    > Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
    > setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
    > "mshome"

    I did, and got no reply -

    would love an answer , even a vauge idea as to cause ....

    > Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
    > > Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
    > > setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
    > > "mshome"

    "Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
    > Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his new
    > setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
    > "mshome"

    Are any other settings forgotten? I'd almost wonder if the system was
    having difficulties with the NIC. Might be worth trying it in another slot
    or replacing it temporarily.

    HTH
    -pk

    If I had an answer I'd certainly give it to you.

    Have you tried the windowsxp.configuration_manage and
    windowsxp.security_admin newsgroups?

    --

    > I did, and got no reply -
    >
    > would love an answer , even a vauge idea as to cause ....
    >

    > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP)" <user@#notme.com> wrote in message
    >> Please take this question to the windowsxp.network_web newsgroup.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    >> Windows Shell/User
    >> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    >> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >>
    >> "Barrett Bonden" <arthur@networks-cc.com> wrote in message
    >> > Client's new XP home machine's workgroup name refuses to hold on his
    >> > new
    >> > setting; oddly it will stay for a re-boot or two, and then returns to
    >> > "mshome"

Default Microsoft Windows XP