tesco mobile GPRS and Audiovox RTM 8000 settings?

February 9, 2005 3:22:45 PM

Hi,

anyone know how to configure the GPRS on a Dell Axim PDA for a tesco
mobile sim card?

Settings are:

Tesco-Mobile GPRS WAP settings:
Homepage: http://wap.tesco-mobile.com/
APN address (contract): prepay.tesco-mobile.com
Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195
Username : tescowap
Password: password
Session type: Continuous / permanent
Port number: 9201
Authentication: Normal

I can get it to connect yet IE states "the page you are looking for
cannot be found" after trying for a while.

I don't understand the "Gateway (IP) address : 193.113.200.195" but
the rest seems ok.

February 9, 2005 4:17:20 PM

go to the Microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless newsgroup and look at the "ipaq
5550 GPRS" thread it should give you some ideas on connection strings.
February 12, 2005 1:29:37 AM