DirectX oh, which one shall i use !

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Hello THG,
I have been looking around the net and the release of DX 10 video cards
(The G80 and the R600) seem allmost imminent.
I 'Would' jump on the ever growing DX 10 bandwagon but ; the problem is i love having the latest gear for my computer but i dont think i have enough money to make the jump from DX9 to DX10 (hardware and software wise)

I mean iam currantly going to return my 7900gt (because it died) and get $500AU credit with my supplier.

The big question is Would a R600 wholesale for about $500AU ? (i can obtain it at wholesale prices)

I mean DX10 sounds exciting but if its too costs too much i will just have to settle with 'DX9 R580' The ATI Radeon X1950 CF Ed.

I would really like some help on this quite soon as i immiently have to return my 7900gt.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
thats Australia right? when there relesed there probally going to be like 550+ USD since there 1. brand new cards and 2. the first dx10 cards on the market
eventually they will come down in price.

EDIT: just read the wholesale part, um i still dont think it'll be that cheap but cheaper than retail maybe 500?

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Maybe bro maybe, uhhh you iam one of those people who is a bit hazy as to make the jump to Vista and DX10 and G80/R600

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
I'd squeeze to get a DX10 card. Even if you just run DX9 games for now the performance gain for DX9 will be large too.

why wait for the R600? its gonna be a feb. or so next year, but nVidias cards are out in 2 weeks.

All the talk on the forums that the R600 will be so much better than nVidias cards is only ATI fanboi trash talk. No-one actually knows for sure how either will perform yet.

chameleon101

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
From what i understand you will not have to jump to vista, apparentley there will be a version of DX10 called DX9.0L for windows XP, This link is for a supposedley DX10 game which will be released in april 07, all the screenies and footage is shot in DX9, ya cant complain about how sweet it look's www.crysis.ws .

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I'd squeeze to get a DX10 card. Even if you just run DX9 games for now the performance gain for DX9 will be large too.

why wait for the R600? its gonna be a feb. or so next year, but nVidias cards are out in 2 weeks.

All the talk on the forums that the R600 will be so much better than nVidias cards is only ATI fanboi trash talk. No-one actually knows for sure how either will perform yet.

Iam not Switching to ATI because of fanboys iam switching because Nvidias cards run too hot and when summer come around here in Australia they all die because they cant take the heat.

Thats why iam switching to ATI

Nvidias cards may be faster but Ati's are allways reliable

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Iam not Switching to ATI because of fanboys iam switching because Nvidias cards run too hot and when summer come around here in Australia they all die because they cant take the heat.

wow really? that sucks!!

i am an ati fanboy but if i could afford a quad SLI setup i would switch as fast as i could pull my wallet out. although if i could afford to get a quad SLI setup i would just wait for the R600's and then get a crossfire setup! but if i had that kind of money what am i doing on this forum talking about what i would do if i had that kind of money? :)

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005

wow really? that sucks!!

i am an ati fanboy but if i could afford a quad SLI setup i would switch as fast as i could pull my wallet out. although if i could afford to get a quad SLI setup i would just wait for the R600's and then get a crossfire setup! but if i had that kind of money what am i doing on this forum talking about what i would do if i had that kind of money? :)

Lol yeah i dont have hardly any money i had to work for my G72 Inno3d 7900gt 256mb 450/1320 which has now overheated and dead!

So thats why iam trying to get a HIS ATI X1950CF with the return money!

Wish me luck fellow pore gamer

Finny

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
From what i understand you will not have to jump to vista, apparentley there will be a version of DX10 called DX9.0L for windows XP, ...

This misinformation was started by the Inquirer (http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35140)]

Ahh well they are all idiots over there.

Anyways I cannot afford a X1950CF with my return money i will insted get a Inno3D/Xpertvision Nvidia 7950GT 512MB 550mhz core for $420 australian