CDROm not working in Windows ME - please help!

Ryan

I have this older computer.

The CDROm appears in the BIOS, device manager, and my computer, but i cannot
access the drive...

What can be the problem?

It's a Windows ME system

In news:D60B1CEB-A654-4224-9CCB-23B841AB1D8F@microsoft.com,
Ryan <soul_fire316@hotmail.com> typed:

>I have this older computer.
>
> The CDROm appears in the BIOS, device manager, and my computer,
> but i
> cannot access the drive...
>
> What can be the problem?
>
> It's a Windows ME system

You might have much better luck asking in an Me newsgroup than a
Windows XP one.

Please reply to the newsgroup

"Ryan" <soul_fire316@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have this older computer.
>
> The CDROm appears in the BIOS, device manager, and my computer, but i
cannot
> access the drive...
>
> What can be the problem?

It's quite possibly dead, dirty, or misaligned. Replace it; they are very
cheap.

> It's a Windows ME system

Probably is not relevant.

HTH