BEST CASE IN THE WORLD

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
ok, so I and everyone who ever lays their eyes on it, seems to say and beleive that the CoolerMaster Stacker was the best case ever made. That was until they made the Coolermaster Stacker 2.

However, My and everyone elses opinion doesnt make a bit of difference. So what is your idea of the perfect PC case.

Mike

My Answer: CoolerMaster Stacker 1, I dont like the doors on the stacker 2, and the front of the case has some really hard to handle front pannels. Once the pannels are in place you are golden, but getting the last one in is a PITA. Other then that, this case is ATX and BTX compatable, has a big top and footprint. Comes with wheels and Feet. It alows for a top or bottom mounted PSU, and has noise dapening HD bays. It is completely silent, and even has kick ass addons. This case is VERY open, and has plenty of ventilation. Another issue with this case is the raised center on the bottom of the case makes it hard to mount watercooling pumps and accessories. I made an amazing tray, that evens this out, and it works great, but it was a problem area. I have looked at allot of cases, and have really read allot of reviews, and this case seems to be the one to beat. I also have a HUGE radiator mounted right under the top of the case, with some nice work. All you see is three fans with some nice grills:) Thank god for the bottom mounted PSU, or this wouldnt have been possible.

Ryan_D

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2006
I recently purchased a Cooler Master Centurion 5 for my new build, and I must say everything about the Cooler Master cases amaze me. Their manuals suck though. They sound like they've been run through 25 of those online translators back and forth between different languages.

Cooler Master makes awesome cases. I haven't personally used the Stacker II but based on my experience with their other cases, I can easily believe you.

G

Are you talking about the CoolerMaster Stacker 830?

Also I'd like to see some picture of that rig =)

I think the SilverStone Tj-09 might be one heck of a case, the TJ07 does look whicked too...

hammong

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2006
Best case in the world?

The Apple Mac Pro case is awesome. Why can't the clone case manufacturers put together a case with front and back perforation, 120mm fans, and without all that bling-bling crap?

The Cm Stacker 810 is "getting warmer" with the fully-perforated front panels, but the injection molded plastic has to GO. And dang, look at that port panel at the top. UGLY. Sheesh, cut a few holes in the metal somewhere guys and mount some USB/Firewire/etc jacks so they don't look like an afterthought.

Candew

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I purchased a Lan-Li case a couple of years ago (similar in design to their current model PC-60/61) and to me, it is the best case I have ever owned.

I do believe, IMHO that Lan-Li make the best cases in the world. The level of detail and craftsmanship that went into my case is truely astounding. :D

Pricey? Yes, but then you get what you pay for.

avarice

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
Submitted for the collective approval - There is no such thing as a 'Best Case' for a computer.

I would hazard to say that about 30% of the cases available are simply crap. Sharp edges, poor designs, bad looks, etc.

Additionally I would say that about 60% of the cases available are adequate. They will work for most folks. Some might like the space age looks, lights, windows, and other bits of Bling. But there are aspects which make them simply adequate. Good looks - but bad airflow. Great airflow - but too noisy. Nice and quiet, but too little space. Tons of space, great airflow, huge quality power supply – but looks like a reject from a star trek convention (my apologies to anyone who has actually been rejected from a star trek convention.)

The remaining 10% (or possibly less) is likely the area of discussion. Top of the line cases which excel in looks, design, space, airflow, etc. These cases have a certain ‘Wow’ factor which enthusiasts and novices alike can generally appreciate. Although it is difficult to put into words, when you see a case that fits into this category – you know it.

Now for my opinion. I really like the Silverstone TJ09 and TJ07 cases. I can appreciate the Coolermaster Stacker series, but my choice was the Antec P180B. Functionally it does everything I need in a case and more. It has plenty of room, good cooling design (PS is on the bottom), and the airflow is exceptional – with the ability to have 5-120mm Fans without modifying the case. And as for looks, I think it’s one of the cleanest looking cases out there.

Now we all have opinions. As a result, there will not be a consensus on this topic. However, if you are looking for a new case, and read this thread – chances are any model mentioned here will be worth your consideration.

Cheers.

G

I think I could award the Best Case to the Antec P180 if it had: removable motherboard tray and especially better cable management!

I Also believe it could benefit from having hte motherboard upside down, that would remove some of the issues with to short cable.

I just dont like that mutch working inside that case, even if it's roomy, the compartment are sometime to small.

G

Have you tried it yet?
I think I narrowed my choice to this and the CM Stacker 830.

I dont think Lian-li cooling will go well with the TEC Cooler I plan on buying. Im, no even sure a Scythe Infinit/ Upcoming OCZ V12 would fit with that baffle and then I dont know I efficient it would be!

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I do love the Antec P180. Its a beautiful case. I have never worked with one, but other than the above mentioned issues, I think it is the best.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Have you tried it yet?
I think I narrowed my choice to this and the CM Stacker 830.

I dont think Lian-li cooling will go well with the TEC Cooler I plan on buying. Im, no even sure a Scythe Infinit/ Upcoming OCZ V12 would fit with that baffle and then I dont know I efficient it would be!

Unfortunately no I havn't, but It has the best/most features of any other case and keeps the vid cards cool, which would make for some great overclocking. Also the case just looks slick.

As for your TEC ...get this if you havn't already planned on it.

G

Exactly what Im planning to get =)

Page 4 of this thread, do you think the 8800GTX and R600 will get dangerously close to this fan?

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Ive got a TJ08 AND I THINK THAT THE TJ09 IS THE BEST CASE AROUND. MY CAPS LOCK IS ON BUT I AM TOO LAZY TO MOVE MY PINKEY TO THE KEY.
-CM

Il_palazzo

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 best $50ish case (plus the box and manual are written in such good engrish)

Cases I would like to attempt to watercool/mod. (yes I know there are much better choices for watter cooling but I like these cases)
LIAN LI PC-0710A (It's kinda cheesy but I love the fish's)
Coolermaster Wave Master (I love the looks and I want to attempt a case mod with one of these sooo bad.)

HTPC Sure if I was building one of these I think the Antec Fusion is the best case for my uses. But a LIAN LI Memorial 20th Anniversary PC-777B and a ZALMAN RESERATOR would be sweet. (Yes I riped that idea off of Guru of 3d)

But in the end even with its flaws my pick is still the Antec P180.

engrpiman

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I have the X-alien case .. blue. while it's not the best looking it is built good enough and it has lots of convent features, like drive rails for all drive. I don't see why you should spend lots of money on a case .... as long as it's big enough to hold everything it's good

20.5 inches tall , by 18.5 deep , by 8 wide i would have used cm but my ruler was in inches and i was to lazy to convert.. #$%$% US Units . Anyways i get a laugh when computers over heat because people stuck a 7900 GT in small dell case with no fans ...

for example my friend has a dell and he added a 7900 Gt and his computer over heated. come on people if your are running hot don't add more heat with out adding cooling . then he added the 120 mm tornado fan .. it made so much noise that his roommate almost killed him .. good times

bberson

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Yeah, the Coolermaster Wavemaster is very nice, we picked up a few Compaq GX-5050s (MSI K8N Neo2) from Woot almost a year ago, that use this case. All aluminum, nicely machined, great if you're a motorhead with a billet fixation.

The problem was then I had to spend a hundred dollars on sound deadening material because the noise was nerve shattering. The case transmits lots of noise and the front facade creates lots of turbulence on the two intake fans.

Then of course there was the CPU fan, southbridge fan, two PS fans, a rear exhaust fan, side exhaust fan, GPU fan. Yikes.

The placement of the drive cage causes interference with the motherboard when installing drives in the lower slots.

But it sure does look nice!

Now what I would like to see in a case...

A quiet, conservative ATX mid-tower, heavyweight aluminum or steel, spare me the lights and garish decorations, forget transparent panels (has to be EMI/RFI quiet too), USB/audio hookups either on top, front, top/front or front/top (not on the bottom front where they'll be kicked or on the side where they'll be bumped into or jammed against furniture, or behind a hinged front panel that will as a result be left swung open 24x7), a removable motherboard tray that fits properly and securely in place, single 120mm fans front and back (but no fans on top - I don't need a friggin' food processor), maybe one left side fan. I'm also thinking to have washable filters on the intake fans.

My current (four years old) case is a heavy Jinco thing that cost a princely $168 without the PSU back then. It's nice but a bit long in the tooth now, noisy as cases go these days with its two 80mm fans, may not be up to the airflow needs of a C2DX, 4GB DDR2-800, two Raptor 150s, an R600 and TV tuner du jour, and the USB/audio ports would have to be on a 5.25" slot which would end up looking a bit Yesterday.

-Brad

PDH-NicFury

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I just bought a CM Stacker and will make it my server/backup PC, it's HUGE and sturdy, makes for a ton of options.

But I bought an NZXT Zero case for my main PC, and am not disappointed. Light but solid, 7x120mm fans that are whisper quiet, 80mm fans on top and bottom, plenty of room for all the HDD's and other components you want to add. Only shortcoming is the front panel connectors snag when you take off the front cover to install optical/floppy drives, and a little rough just getting it off. Other than that it looks very nice without the stupid "bling", and cools like a dream. (The Vigor Monsoon II TEC/HSF I use is the only thing I really can hear, only a yard away from the case.)

Will never forget my first case, a Cooler Master Praetorian... so nice, but not really suited for dual video cards.

G

Great first post =)

Funny I really dont mind the nosie all that much and I'm sleeping maybe 10" away from my computer. As a good geek the sound of whirling fan must be soothing :lol:

Even my girlfriend got use to the sound of the GF6800U/Raptor/80mm+120mm fan and so one. She use to ask me to stop my PC and I was whinning about my torrents... I hate lights, because that will stop me from going to sleep...

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Now what I would like to see in a case...

A quiet, conservative ATX mid-tower, heavyweight aluminum or steel, spare me the lights and garish decorations, forget transparent panels (has to be EMI/RFI quiet too), USB/audio hookups either on top, front, top/front or front/top (not on the bottom front where they'll be kicked or on the side where they'll be bumped into or jammed against furniture, or behind a hinged front panel that will as a result be left swung open 24x7), a removable motherboard tray that fits properly and securely in place, single 120mm fans front and back (but no fans on top - I don't need a friggin' food processor), maybe one left side fan. I'm also thinking to have washable filters on the intake fans.

My current (four years old) case is a heavy Jinco thing that cost a princely $168 without the PSU back then. It's nice but a bit long in the tooth now, noisy as cases go these days with its two 80mm fans, may not be up to the airflow needs of a C2DX, 4GB DDR2-800, two Raptor 150s, an R600 and TV tuner du jour, and the USB/audio ports would have to be on a 5.25" slot which would end up looking a bit Yesterday.

Best case evar! just remove the fans from the top if thats what you would like...btw, great first post.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Have no fear everybody the debate is over!! This case from Zalman has the 'Fatality' name so we can be assured that it is the best case on the market!!

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman-fatal1ty-fc-ze1.html

Anybody who doesn't buy Fatality branded products (or at least Ferrari) is an idiot! That Fatality guy was good at quake or something so that means that if we buy products that he makes tons of money from we will be as good at games as he is!

Just make sure to pick up that Fatality HSF and sound card or you will not get the best system ever!!! I bet there is even a Fatality video card out there somewhere!

(Note that the only punctuation I used was exclaimations which goes to show that the product must be really good)

On another note, this Zalman case actually seems kind of cool:

http://www.xoxide.com/zalman6.html

It is ridiculously expensive, but it has integrated cooling and no fans. Has anbody ever used this?

bberson

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Wow, so many compliments on my inaugural forumz.TH post, thanks all.

Yeah, the TJ09 is a beautiful box, beefy, just the right size, snappy in black or silver, and I really love the flip-up ports on top. Perfect. And they were smart enough to create a bottom port so that the bottom-mounted PSU could be mounted "correctly" without blocking the bottom fan (which is important since some PSUs rely partially on convection cooling that may be stunted if the PSU is mounted USD).

Hey, I wonder if there's a filter on the bottom port. Anyway...

The problem with this case for me, is that the right side vent (which is a vent only - no fan there) will end up smack against a desk support (file cabinet), and if the food processors, er, I mean top fan vents are covered then the ONLY exhaust fan will be the single rear. And with no "push" fans either. I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable with that, even at standard clock speeds.

-Brad