Wired Print Server and Wireless Access Point

DaNa

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003
Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have a Netgear WAP and 4 port router. I want to connect a print
server so I can print from my laptop when I'm not docked. Do I need
to buy a wirless print server or can I just hook a wired print server
to one of the open ports on the WAP/router?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

You should be fine connecting a print server through a cable.
If not buy a wireless adapter to a regular printer and connect wirelessly.

"Dana" <dwestburg@dls.net> wrote in message
> I have a Netgear WAP and 4 port router. I want to connect a print
> server so I can print from my laptop when I'm not docked. Do I need
> to buy a wirless print server or can I just hook a wired print server
> to one of the open ports on the WAP/router?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

If you are using Windows XP the printer should be shareable if it is install
on one computer.
I share a printer with 2 other PC's both are wireless.

--
Emil Luca