Saving to CD-R

Can someone please tell me why I cannot seem to save a document to a CD in my
CD drive? It tells me "You don't have access to this folder. See your
administrator." What's this? ~ thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about saving

    You can not save directly to CD from within an application unless you use
    packet writing software or a work around. See the work arounds here
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/saving_files_to_cd.htm

    You can learn more about Burning CDs with XP at Alex Nichol's site
    http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "KNeal" <KNeal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me why I cannot seem to save a document to a CD in
    > my
    > CD drive? It tells me "You don't have access to this folder. See your
    > administrator." What's this? ~ thanks!

    "KNeal" <KNeal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me why I cannot seem to save a document to a CD in
    > my
    > CD drive? It tells me "You don't have access to this folder. See your
    > administrator." What's this? ~ thanks!

    This can happen when you are not logged in via your administrator account.

    Can you give more details?

    KNeal wrote:

    >Can someone please tell me why I cannot seem to save a document to a CD in my
    >CD drive? It tells me "You don't have access to this folder. See your
    >administrator." What's this? ~ thanks!

    The inbuilt CD Burning does not support use in this way - only stashing
    up of files that already exist in order to burn a whole batch at once as
    a 'session'. Read up at http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

    "KNeal" <KNeal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me why I cannot seem to save a document to a CD in
    my
    > CD drive? It tells me "You don't have access to this folder. See your
    > administrator." What's this? ~ thanks!

    It's likely because you don't have packet writing software installed, like
    DLA (sonic), INCD (nero) or DirectCD (roxio).

    XP does not have the built-in capability to deal with a CD as it would a
    regular disk; you need 3rd party software.

    You*should* be able to drag and drop files to a CDR, but not from within an
    application.

    HTH
    -pk

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP