funny ati.amd.com statement

endyen

Splendid
I really dont see the humour. Personally, I'm just glad to see a little truth in advertising. (ok, so maybe I do see the humour, I just prefer not to laugh at honesty, especially in advertising)

piesquared

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
I really dont see the humour. Personally, I'm just glad to see a little truth in advertising. (ok, so maybe I do see the humour, I just prefer not to laugh at honesty, especially in advertising)

QFT and absolutely.

(worthy of a first post)

bixplus

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
Yes, it is quite funny, ironic and shows the precarious situation AMD/ATI is in right now with AMD having to promote competitor products that the ATI side of the house supports in order to maintain the bottom line. Very interesting position indeed...one I'm sure AMD doesn't fancy finding itself in.

pat

Expert

Agree too. Just like PepsiCo that warned Coke that some of their employees tried to sell the the coke formula.. because they are competitors doesnt mean lack of respect.

Dade_0182

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Now all we need is for someone to say: "At least it cant get any worse" and then lightning and rain and...well...you get the picture.

Hope they get out of it though. Wouldn't like to have just one CPU company. I don't think anyone is a fan of high prices.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I think it's pretty funny, although I respect truth also. Working at the company I'm at now, if someone tries to sell us a competitors beer formula, why the hell would we want it. We make our own stuff, and we make it damn well. Why should we care what others do?

ATI is still being phased, I never expected everything to just up and change in the world, although quite a bit is happening... But hey, whatever sells your products...

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
"“Best Gaming PC”* 2006
Overdrive
Core2.X-Fire"

lol, i guess ati was not quite completely acquired.

http://ati.amd.com/technology/crossfire/promotions/overdriveCore/index.html

Good one. Funny.

This is friggin' hilarious....

NEWS FLASH: AMD endorses Core 2 Duo!!!!!

It gets even better:

http://ati.amd.com/buy/promotions/asusw2p/index.html

And the specs on the W2P ASUS Laptop

http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=5&l2=70&l3=0&model=1414&modelmenu=1

Wow, this may be the best thing that can happen to Intel :)

I guess some people will be putting pressure on Intel to keep the license in place. Some people would rather have XFire.

G

Don't let it get to you dude, there are some good bods on this forum, unfortunately there's also a fair number of twats, such is life I'm afraid.

Word /Spud

@ labbbby [/Nods head in humble acknowledgment]

ATI is still being phased, I never expected everything to just up and change in the world, although quite a bit is happening... But hey, whatever sells your products...

Taken from a website that some on this forum love to hate :wink:

In an interesting twist, despite all indications that ATI has 'gone green' the brand is not completely dead as all discrete graphics products from AMD will still carry the ATI branding

So does anyone think this is BS?

Is it time to prostrate onesself in awe of the great and almighty Nvidian empire?

One, I smell bull,
Two, I bow, to no man. Or company.
black%20knight.jpg

:lol: :lol: Nice pic,
unfortunately if that is the scent of BS then does that mean that the standalone 3D/gaming graphics card playground belongs to just the one manufacturer? Or is there another waiting in the shadows perhaps getting ready to step up to the plate and swing the baseball bat of competition. C’mon Matrox