Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2006 12:03:11 PM

Read the link then click it.
http://www.ati.com

Notice a change?

More about : ati website

October 25, 2006 12:42:07 PM

All i can say is that is a bad move by AMD, i thought they were going to keep ATi separate? The website looks terrible in comparison and for graphics company that i would think would want something new and high tech on their site, that website looks plain and boring with nothing really representing what ATi is all about.
October 25, 2006 12:46:35 PM

nooooooooooo!! :cry:  <-- ATi fanboy [though I also like AMD]
On the other hand ... :roll:
They replaced crusader colours with jihadi colours! :lol: 
Related resources
October 25, 2006 12:53:25 PM

Kinda cool having Intel and AMD in my gamer.. lol
October 25, 2006 12:57:27 PM

Lots and lots of GREEN.

@IcY18 I don't think its that bad. Lighten up a bit.
October 25, 2006 1:23:50 PM

Its hosed up. I'm, getting DNS lookup failure on the links on that page.
October 25, 2006 1:50:56 PM

The new site seems a little subdued for a company that sells high end video cards etc.. Althought AMD and ATI are my two favorite companies. :) 
October 25, 2006 1:59:46 PM

call me crazy, but I like the look. Simplicity FTW!

I still think it is a bad move and they should have keep the 2 seperate. Oh well, still kinda cool. I always say AMD paring up with Nvidia, not ATi.....
October 25, 2006 2:05:20 PM

looks smart

They key part is they have kept the Radeon name on show. People recognise this.

Only time will tell what effect the whole situation has but i'm sure that AMD's marketing team will know what they are doing.
October 25, 2006 2:05:27 PM

Quote:
Lots and lots of GREEN.

@IcY18 I don't think its that bad. Lighten up a bit.

this more what i meant when SilentSam said

Quote:
The new site seems a little subdued for a company that sells high end video cards etc

it may not be that bad but i still think its a bad move, i mean ATi is supposed to be a cutting edge graphics company, it should have rendered pictures at high resolutions or sweet pictures of high detailed games or something...

that website doesn't represent ATi and what it was or should be striving to do...if AMD really dumbs down ATi's website this much then i don't want to know what they have planned for their product line...
October 25, 2006 2:09:11 PM

Quote:
Its hosed up. I'm, getting DNS lookup failure on the links on that page.

Looks like they have their DNS act squared away - I can get in now.
October 25, 2006 2:11:56 PM

Links on their page worked fine for me. Personally I think the color is fitting, afterall, green is the color used in AMD's logo. Really not that much green really, mostly it's the text that is.
October 25, 2006 2:27:40 PM

Such a shame... I had hoped ATI would keep itself distinct from AMD.. Ive always been more of an Intel guy, but just recently switched to ATI and dont plan on going back to Nvidia... This just messes with the mind
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2006 2:29:31 PM

Looks fine to me.
Elegant and spacious, it is easy on the eyes.
Since computers are such a huge global industry and do so much more than 'play games' I believe the decision to not show some sci-fi nightmare fraggin' picture would have to be correct...
This is a corporate website. There are shareholders to please, and corporate analysts and prognosticators to impress.
The only picture they want to see is the Queen's picture, LoL
(or Dead Presidents, for our American friends... Benjamins, y'know?)
ATi was for many years (since the 80's) one of our proudest Canadian success stories! Now those Texans had better steer their new ship straight,
Regards
October 25, 2006 3:03:24 PM

Not bad, I kind of like it for its simplicity.
a c 365 U Graphics card
October 25, 2006 3:33:09 PM

I liked ATI's original site much better.

'Nuff said.
October 25, 2006 3:58:28 PM

Quote:
Personally I think the color is fitting, afterall, green is the color used in AMD's logo.

Nvidia too.

I like ATI's original website better.
October 26, 2006 5:21:48 AM

Quote:
Only time will tell what effect the whole situation has but i'm sure that AMD's marketing team will know what they are doing.
AMD has a marketing team? And if they do, they actually got a clue. No offence to anyone but their marketing stinks and for a good while now.

Hopefully they can get their act together to challenge Intel and now Nvidia to lower all costs!!!!!!!!!!
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2006 6:35:32 AM

Quote:

Notice a change?

SUX HARD! UGLY as SIN! 8O

Funny thing is they changed my co-opted links to ati.amd.com at least 2 days ago (noticed I got a redirect, saved new link) but I didn't think much of it at the time.

This is a very bad move on their part IMO.

They should've treated it like Lincoln & Mercury or Cadillac & Corvette, keep the name as a badge. Adding the Green IMO is just st00pid.

So nV is Lime Neon green and AMD is Lame Mold Green brilliant, now if they could just change to Turquoise then they'd be able to challenge Intel directly for their colour too. :roll:

Is it just me or does it seem ridiculous to anyone else that graphics companies decide to become mono-chromatic?

FP32 HDR!?! Forget that Int1 is where it's at !!
October 27, 2006 8:03:15 AM

to say the least, id say that im appaled.
like others have said, they should have kept the original design. Kept it like a luxury.
!