Benq 5000 Scanner

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Bought the Benq 5000 Scanner from eBuyer - probably a mistake as very cheap.
Some of the software is truely appalling - but the only thing that is very
bad is the fact that I cannot see how to define the "print area" used when
the print button is pressed on the front of the scanner. It auto picks small
areas it chooses to define as scan areas. The button config app does not
cover this issue.

Any ideas. Benq don't appear to know. Could other software be used instead.

Regards, Roy
r20teNoSpAm@yahoo.co.uk

"Roy" <r20te@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Bought the Benq 5000 Scanner from eBuyer - probably a mistake as very
> cheap.
> Some of the software is truely appalling - but the only thing that is very
> bad is the fact that I cannot see how to define the "print area" used when
> the print button is pressed on the front of the scanner. It auto picks
> small
> areas it chooses to define as scan areas. The button config app does not
> cover this issue.
>
> Any ideas. Benq don't appear to know. Could other software be used
> instead.
>
> Regards, Roy
> r20teNoSpAm@yahoo.co.uk

You should be able to define the scan area in the Preview step.

Forget the button!

Use Irfanview. It is free. Get plug-ins.
Use the TWAIN interface to select scan area then the Print Dialog.
http://www.irfanview.com

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com