Buffalo wireless router flash-ROM problem

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I've got a Buffalo WLAR-L11-L (802.11b, 4-port hub, NAT box) that was
running firmware 1.01 happily. I tried upgrading to firmware 1.31 to
get PPTP passthrough capability. That seemed to work fine. Then I
tried setting a WEP key. The box tried to restart, and now gives the
two-flash red DIAG light indicating a flash ROM error, which persists
after power-off-on restart.

Is there any way back from here or do I now have a lemon with a
flashing red light?

TIA

Julian

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> I've got a Buffalo WLAR-L11-L (802.11b, 4-port hub, NAT box) that was
> running firmware 1.01 happily. I tried upgrading to firmware 1.31 to
> get PPTP passthrough capability. That seemed to work fine. Then I
> tried setting a WEP key. The box tried to restart, and now gives the
> two-flash red DIAG light indicating a flash ROM error, which persists
> after power-off-on restart.
>
> Is there any way back from here or do I now have a lemon with a
> flashing red light?

I don't know the problem, but try the reset procedure.

"scram" <scram@anon.com> wrote in message

> I don't know the problem, but try the reset procedure.

Which is? I've tried power-off-on. There's also an INIT button on the back
of the unit, but no detail in the doc as to how to use it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Julian

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> > > I've got a Buffalo WLAR-L11-L (802.11b, 4-port hub, NAT box)
> > > Is there any way back from here or do I now have a lemon with a
> > > flashing red light?

> > I don't know the problem, but try the reset procedure.
>
> Which is? I've tried power-off-on. There's also an INIT button on the
back
> of the unit, but no detail in the doc as to how to use it. Any ideas?

I have a D-Link, so I don't know how to reset yours.
Go to thier website and look for support.
Mine has a hole on the back that you put a paperclip in and push for 30
seconds to reset to factory default.

Hope that helps