Scanner lid that opens lengthwise

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
November 29, 2004 8:50:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners (More info?)

I want to put a scanner on a narrow shelf sideways.

A shelf is above it so I would like the lid of the scanner to open
hinge on the long side rather than the standard short side edge.

Even using Google inventively I either NO results or Thousands

does ANYbody know of a scanner that hinges the way I want.

If I have missed an obvious avenue please be kind.

regards

John
Anonymous
November 29, 2004 4:59:49 PM

"John" <jevans17@india.com> wrote in message
>I want to put a scanner on a narrow shelf sideways.
>
> A shelf is above it so I would like the lid of the scanner to open
> hinge on the long side rather than the standard short side edge.
>
> Even using Google inventively I either NO results or Thousands
>
> does ANYbody know of a scanner that hinges the way I want.
>
> If I have missed an obvious avenue please be kind.
>
> regards
>
> John

Look at the HP 4670. This one hinges on the side.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...

and the Hp 4600. Picture looks like the hinge is on the end.
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message news:<pXFqd.24914$fC4.11774@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>...
> "John" <jevans17@india.com> wrote in message
> >I want to put a scanner on a narrow shelf sideways.
> >
> > A shelf is above it so I would like the lid of the scanner to open
> > hinge on the long side rather than the standard short side edge.
> >
> > Even using Google inventively I either NO results or Thousands
> >
> > does ANYbody know of a scanner that hinges the way I want.
> >
> > If I have missed an obvious avenue please be kind.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > John
>
> Look at the HP 4670. This one hinges on the side.
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...
>
> and the Hp 4600. Picture looks like the hinge is on the end.
> http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/sc...

My thanks to ALL who responded.

You gave me the info I needed

John