Netgear DG834G vs. Toshiba Mini Wireless PCI Card - Please..

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hi All,

I have a problem with my DG834G ADSL Router wireless connection to a laptop
with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card (802.11b).

I have managed to set them up with hidden SSID and 128 bit WEP encryption.

They will connect in the same room at full signal for approx. 3 minutes then
disconnect,
wait a few seconds and the laptop indicates a new connection is available.

What gives ??

Where do I start ??

Thanks,

Neil

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Using XP....
On your laptop do the following...

Uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" when you
click "view available wireless networks"..
The bubble that would usally appear after a few minutes will stop, and your
connection will then not be interupted with avialable networks pop up.

Alan

"Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem with my DG834G ADSL Router wireless connection to a
laptop
> with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card (802.11b).
>
> I have managed to set them up with hidden SSID and 128 bit WEP encryption.
>
> They will connect in the same room at full signal for approx. 3 minutes
then
> disconnect,
> wait a few seconds and the laptop indicates a new connection is available.
>
> What gives ??
>
> Where do I start ??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Neil