Netgear DG834G vs. Toshiba Mini Wireless PCI Card - Please..

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hi All,

I have a problem with my DG834G ADSL Router wireless connection to a laptop
with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card (802.11b).

I have managed to set them up with hidden SSID and 128 bit WEP encryption.

They will connect in the same room at full signal for approx. 3 minutes then
disconnect,
wait a few seconds and the laptop indicates a new connection is available.

What gives ??

Where do I start ??

Thanks,

Neil
2 answers Last reply
More about netgear dg834g toshiba mini wireless card please
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Using XP....
    On your laptop do the following...

    Uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" when you
    click "view available wireless networks"..
    The bubble that would usally appear after a few minutes will stop, and your
    connection will then not be interupted with avialable networks pop up.

    Alan

    "Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have a problem with my DG834G ADSL Router wireless connection to a
    laptop
    > with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card (802.11b).
    >
    > I have managed to set them up with hidden SSID and 128 bit WEP encryption.
    >
    > They will connect in the same room at full signal for approx. 3 minutes
    then
    > disconnect,
    > wait a few seconds and the laptop indicates a new connection is available.
    >
    > What gives ??
    >
    > Where do I start ??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Neil

  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Thanks very much......works fine now.

    Regards,

    Neil

    "HubSwitch" <hub@switch.co.0q> wrote in message
    > Using XP....
    > On your laptop do the following...
    >
    > Uncheck the "Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network" when you
    > click "view available wireless networks"..
    > The bubble that would usally appear after a few minutes will stop, and
    your
    > connection will then not be interupted with avialable networks pop up.
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > "Neil" <me@home.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have a problem with my DG834G ADSL Router wireless connection to a
    > laptop
    > > with a Toshiba Mini PCI Wireless card (802.11b).
    > >
    > > I have managed to set them up with hidden SSID and 128 bit WEP
    encryption.

    > > They will connect in the same room at full signal for approx. 3 minutes
    > then
    > > disconnect,
    > > wait a few seconds and the laptop indicates a new connection is
    available.

    > > What gives ??
    > >
    > > Where do I start ??
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Neil

Wireless Connection Toshiba Wireless Networking