Could WinXP utilise less CPU for Skype to run properly ?

Hi,

I've got qiute sloooow PC - P 600 Mhz with 256 MB RAM. I used to have
Windows 2000 Prof installed. I had Skype installed on this PC, CPU
utilisation during the call was 50-80% and it worked properly. I had to
install Windows XP instead. The problem is Skype stopped have enough CPU
resources - now thete's 100% CPU utilisation and there's a problem with
Skype conversation.

Is it possible to turn-off some XP features (e.g. XP-style of desktop etc.)
in order to OS needs less CPU for itself and to make Skype working again ?

Best regards, greetings,

Jachu
1 answer Last reply
More about could winxp utilise skype properly

    Take this link http://www.skype.com/help/guides/knownproblems.html and look
    down the page. There can be issues with Skype and Total Recorder as well as
    some sound card drivers. There is also a link to report the problem.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Jachu" <jachu@nospam.gazeta.pl> wrote in message
    | Hi,
    |
    | I've got qiute sloooow PC - P 600 Mhz with 256 MB RAM. I used to have
    | Windows 2000 Prof installed. I had Skype installed on this PC, CPU
    | utilisation during the call was 50-80% and it worked properly. I had to
    | install Windows XP instead. The problem is Skype stopped have enough CPU
    | resources - now thete's 100% CPU utilisation and there's a problem with
    | Skype conversation.
    |
    | Is it possible to turn-off some XP features (e.g. XP-style of desktop
    etc.)
    | in order to OS needs less CPU for itself and to make Skype working again ?
    |
    | Best regards, greetings,
    |
    | Jachu

Skype CPUs Windows XP