dvd writer whats best in price range?

cbarsenal

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Hello People,

Am currently looking to purchase a new dvd writer for a computer i have just built. I am looking to spend no more then £30 and it has to be black to match my pc case. Im in the UK and usually purchase most of drives from ebuyer.co.uk. Could someone advise me of one of the best dvd writers which will read over protections and is good for copying or backing up pc games or dvd's. Also if anyone recommends some good dvd media i can purchase with it that would be good 2? Many thanks in advance.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi
Could someone advise me of one of the best dvd writers which will read over protections and is good for copying or backing up pc games or dvd's. Also if anyone recommends some good dvd media i can purchase with it that would be good 2
all dvd burners can read all type of protection used today,but you want special sofware to do that,don't aspect by nero to nero a copy protected dvd.
personaly i use nec driover which is very good and i have burn thousand of dvd.
i suggest you get a nec driver for around 45 euro.
as for media used the best(or one of the best)are mitsubishi chemicals
one brand that uses it is verbatim.
i also use intnso medai made by fujifilm.
they are also good media.

The best DVD writer you can buy, expecial for Ripping, is Plextor. They are by far more expenvice though. As for what programs required to bypass copy protection... that information is not for these forums.

To the OP, the pricerange you are looking for is about $40 for a lite-on DVD burner which is a good brand.

TPLAT

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Plextor are good drives but without the Plex Tools Professional its just another good burner, if you dont care for the extra software if you can find a BenQ 1650 or 1655 those are excellent burners but are hard to find now. I have a Plextor 716SA which is a good burner but have ran into some bad luck with the Plextor 760A, the first one quit recognizing any disc I put in it and the second has an intermittent problem with wrecking Verbatim +RW discs to where they cant be read or even re-used.
As for media I only use Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827136103

http://forum.lgsoftwareinnovations.com/showthread.php?t=13236