How do I get a clipart image that I downloaded onto my desktop? It's a GIF
image in my pictures folder but I can't figure out where to go from there.
Thanks all help is appreciated.
Darlene

"Novelmom" <Novelmom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I get a clipart image that I downloaded onto my desktop? It's a
GIF
> image in my pictures folder but I can't figure out where to go from there.
> Thanks all help is appreciated.
> Darlene

Right click on a blank part of the desktop and select properties. Then the
desktop tab on the new windo that opens. At the bottom of is a list of known
backgrounds. Select the browse button on the right hand side and navigate to
your gif file. Select Open.

No, I don't want to change the background---I want to put a image on top of
the background. Thanks for any help.

> No, I don't want to change the background---I want to put a image on top
of
> the background. Thanks for any help.

Not sure about that. I don't know it's possible to have a "foreground" image
on the desktop. You could always edit the image used for the background but
I guess you might want to move the addition about. Perhaps create your own
icon and put a shortcut using that icon on the desktop.

http://www.vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/icons.htm

Sorry it took so long to get back, but thanks a lot---it worked!!!
Darlene