Closed

Removing web addresses in the Address toolbar

December 8, 2004 7:25:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
Toolbar?
Thanks,
Steve
December 8, 2004 7:25:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Tools > Internet Options > Clear History

Chris
http://www.ncscc.ca

"Maincat" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
> Toolbar?
> Thanks,
> Steve

Anonymous
December 8, 2004 7:25:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Clear Forms

This should remove any entries that were entered directly into the address
bar of Internet Explorer.

"Maincat" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
> Toolbar?
> Thanks,
> Steve

December 8, 2004 7:25:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have the same situation. I clear all the setting under options, general,
but the addresses will still appear and auto complete.

"Billy" <Billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tools > Internet Options > Clear History
>
> Chris
> http://www.ncscc.ca
>

> "Maincat" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the
Address
> > Toolbar?
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

---
December 8, 2004 7:25:46 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Task Bar and Start Menu Properties > Start Menu > Customize >
Advanced > Recent Documents > Clear List

will remove Typed URLS that are not removed with

Internet Properties > General > History > Clear History

If you are comfortable editing the registry, individual entries can be
removed by editing the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

--
Brent

"Neither rhyme nor reason" <sportman_6663@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have the same situation. I clear all the setting under options,
>general,
> but the addresses will still appear and auto complete.
>

> "Billy" <Billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Tools > Internet Options > Clear History
>>
>> Chris
>> http://www.ncscc.ca
>>

>> "Maincat" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the
> Address
>> > Toolbar?
>> > Thanks,
>> > Steve
>> >

> ---

December 9, 2004 7:33:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Thanks for all your suggestions.
I'm talking about the Address Toolbar on the Taskbar in WinXP.
Not strickly speaking part of IE?
Sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier.
Steve
.
"mswick" <mswick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Clear Forms
>
> This should remove any entries that were entered directly into the address
> bar of Internet Explorer.
>
> "Maincat" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
>> Toolbar?
>> Thanks,
>> Steve

Anonymous
October 11, 2010 9:43:27 AM

This is for people wanting to remove URL's from the ADDRESS TOOLBAR on your taskbar. NOT YOUR BROWSER!!!! i know this is an old post but i was trying to find the same thing and it's unbelievable how everywhere i went, people talked about browsers! this works for me, if it doesnt for you good luck.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths theres a list of URLS.

you can delete or modify by clicking on each one and see what it is first. i use my address bar for my most common everyday sites. i couldnt survive if i had to type in the URL's everytime i wanted to go to hotmail. i mouse as much as i can.
January 20, 2013 2:53:03 PM

Quote:
This is for people wanting to remove URL's from the ADDRESS TOOLBAR on your taskbar. NOT YOUR BROWSER!!!! i know this is an old post but i was trying to find the same thing and it's unbelievable how everywhere i went, people talked about browsers! this works for me, if it doesnt for you good luck.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths theres a list of URLS.

you can delete or modify by clicking on each one and see what it is first. i use my address bar for my most common everyday sites. i couldnt survive if i had to type in the URL's everytime i wanted to go to hotmail. i mouse as much as i can.

This is for anyone who has struggled, as I have over the years, with removing URLs from the taskbar address bar. I found a simple way to accomplish this in Windows 7.
Click the windows start button, then click the "Computer" menu choice. Right click on the large address bar at the top of that window and choose "Delete history". All of the URLs in the taskbar address bar will now be deleted. Odd as it seems, this works.
BTW, I have not found any registry hack that deletes this history.
January 20, 2013 3:13:31 PM

This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird
!