Closed

Removing web addresses in the Address toolbar

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi all,
Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
Toolbar?
Thanks,
Steve
8 answers Last reply
More about removing addresses address toolbar
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Tools > Internet Options > Clear History

    Chris
    http://www.ncscc.ca

    "Maincat" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
    > Toolbar?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Clear Forms

    This should remove any entries that were entered directly into the address
    bar of Internet Explorer.

    "Maincat" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
    > Toolbar?
    > Thanks,
    > Steve

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    I have the same situation. I clear all the setting under options, general,
    but the addresses will still appear and auto complete.

    "Billy" <Billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tools > Internet Options > Clear History
    >
    > Chris
    > http://www.ncscc.ca
    >

    > "Maincat" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all,
    > > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the
    Address
    > > Toolbar?
    > > Thanks,
    > > Steve

    ---
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Task Bar and Start Menu Properties > Start Menu > Customize >
    Advanced > Recent Documents > Clear List

    will remove Typed URLS that are not removed with

    Internet Properties > General > History > Clear History

    If you are comfortable editing the registry, individual entries can be
    removed by editing the following registry key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs

    --
    Brent

    "Neither rhyme nor reason" <sportman_6663@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I have the same situation. I clear all the setting under options,
    >general,
    > but the addresses will still appear and auto complete.
    >

    > "Billy" <Billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Tools > Internet Options > Clear History
    >>
    >> Chris
    >> http://www.ncscc.ca
    >>

    >> "Maincat" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi all,
    >> > Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the
    > Address
    >> > Toolbar?
    >> > Thanks,
    >> > Steve
    >> >

    > ---

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    Thanks for all your suggestions.
    I'm talking about the Address Toolbar on the Taskbar in WinXP.
    Not strickly speaking part of IE?
    Sorry if I didn't make that clear earlier.
    Steve
    .
    "mswick" <mswick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Tools | Internet Options | Content | AutoComplete | Clear Forms
    >
    > This should remove any entries that were entered directly into the address
    > bar of Internet Explorer.
    >
    > "Maincat" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >> Does anyone know how to permanently delete a web address from the Address
    >> Toolbar?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Steve

  6. This is for people wanting to remove URL's from the ADDRESS TOOLBAR on your taskbar. NOT YOUR BROWSER!!!! i know this is an old post but i was trying to find the same thing and it's unbelievable how everywhere i went, people talked about browsers! this works for me, if it doesnt for you good luck.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths theres a list of URLS.

    you can delete or modify by clicking on each one and see what it is first. i use my address bar for my most common everyday sites. i couldnt survive if i had to type in the URL's everytime i wanted to go to hotmail. i mouse as much as i can.
  7. Quote:
    This is for people wanting to remove URL's from the ADDRESS TOOLBAR on your taskbar. NOT YOUR BROWSER!!!! i know this is an old post but i was trying to find the same thing and it's unbelievable how everywhere i went, people talked about browsers! this works for me, if it doesnt for you good luck.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TypedPaths theres a list of URLS.

    you can delete or modify by clicking on each one and see what it is first. i use my address bar for my most common everyday sites. i couldnt survive if i had to type in the URL's everytime i wanted to go to hotmail. i mouse as much as i can.

    This is for anyone who has struggled, as I have over the years, with removing URLs from the taskbar address bar. I found a simple way to accomplish this in Windows 7.
    Click the windows start button, then click the "Computer" menu choice. Right click on the large address bar at the top of that window and choose "Delete history". All of the URLs in the taskbar address bar will now be deleted. Odd as it seems, this works.
    BTW, I have not found any registry hack that deletes this history.
  8. This topic has been closed by SR-71 Blackbird

Support Microsoft Windows XP