uh oh...

alc101ma

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
Swapping in a new mobo wasn't as easy as it seemed! After various problems I finally got my system to work. The last thing I did was swap out my Radeon LE for a GeForce2 Ultra I was saving for another system. The Radeon's refresh rates were screwy. Anyway with the GeForce things were stable. Only weird thing was when I ran 3DMark2001 my FPS were barely higher than with the Radeon and also, it said my hardware did not support antialiasing, which is completely wrong! I didn't let it bother me cuz I was happy just to get everythign stable again. Well now, I turn it on one time and I get this message as it tries to boot up Win98: Invalid VxD dynamic link call from VSDATA95(1) + 0001495C to device 0028, service 800A. Your windows configuration is invalid. Run windows set-up to solve this." Now do I have to reinstall Win98 to fix this or can someone else help me out?! Oh, it won't even boot up in safe mode.

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
If you have swapped in a new motherboard, then you should reinstall Windows.

:smile: <font color=green>I wonder...what is the speed of gravity!<font color=green> :smile:

G

yeah, definately reinstall windows....better yet, reformat the disk and start with a fresh copy, especially if the new mobo uses a different chipset than the old. if you dont, your path will be littered with errors, amigo.

ignore everything i say