• Feature Requests
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
  • ATI
  • Tom's Hardware
Last response: in Forum Feedback
a b Î Nvidia
July 21, 2007 9:33:44 PM

On the graphics forum we have stickys about the best cards for money and what are pixel shaders which are often asked questions.
I think it would make sence to have a feature counting down to release dates for new releases and refreshes by the card companies as this comes up a lot also a lot of posts are about what to buy now or wait,if we could access this info i know it wouldnt be exact but i think it would be helpfull.
Thanks Mactronix

More about : nvidia ati release schedules

June 3, 2010 7:58:39 PM

I'd like to second this idea

...even rough guesses are cool with me ...or even release dates of the latest models (a couple revisions would be awesome I.E. 5830 - released 2009-09-09; 4830 - released 2008-09-09).

I'm ready to by a decent GPU (thinking HD 5850) now, but it's for SC2.
So I can wait 2 months if theres a reason - like a price drop due to the 5xxx X2 or 5x8x or 6xxx being released.
a b Î Nvidia
June 4, 2010 7:06:59 AM

The title of this topic has been edited by Saint19
Related resources
June 4, 2010 1:53:37 PM

A neat idea, but oftentimes release dates get pushed back or missed and the count would have to be updated. A lot of companies don't even give predicted release dates anymore, or target Quarters (ie-Q2 '12). That would be tough to add a countdown function for those. Good suggestion though!
September 14, 2010 7:03:19 AM

jpishgar said:
A neat idea, but oftentimes release dates get pushed back or missed and the count would have to be updated. A lot of companies don't even give predicted release dates anymore, or target Quarters (ie-Q2 '12). That would be tough to add a countdown function for those. Good suggestion though!

What about a future Release schedule w/o a countdown. Seeing how flexible these release dates are perhaps a future release table would work. A note at the top of the post would just let people know that the sticky is updated every week or whatever and all dates are based on best industry estimates and anything is possible.

I was thinking it would be set up as follows:

Quarter 3 (OCT-DEC) 2010

ATI:
Radeon HD 67xx

NVIDIA:
GT45x

Q'4 (JAN-MAR) 2011

Thoughts?