Umax Vista S6E

I have been given a Vista S6E scanner unfortunately without a cable or any
manuals.

It was previously connected to a Mac and i have the software but I would
like to use it on my Linux box. I believe this model is supported by the
SANE package so should be OK.

I obviously need a suitable cable and it would be useful to have some
documentation.

1. Can anyone advise what cable is required?
2. Where can I download a manual?
--
Mike Davies
Integra Web Design

"Mike Davies" <mike@NOSPAM.integrawebdesign.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have been given a Vista S6E scanner unfortunately without a cable or any
> manuals.
>
> It was previously connected to a Mac and i have the software but I would
> like to use it on my Linux box. I believe this model is supported by the
> SANE package so should be OK.
>
> I obviously need a suitable cable and it would be useful to have some
> documentation.
>
> 1. Can anyone advise what cable is required?
> 2. Where can I download a manual?
> --
> Mike Davies
> Integra Web Design

Web site for the Vista S6E. Specs, manual, and software for Windows and Mac.
No Linux.
http://www.umax.com/support/knowledge/specifications.jsp?model=Vista+S6E

The SCSI-2 connector is 25 pins.

For SCSI you will need a matching Interface card in your computer. Adaptec
makes many cards you can get for cheap on Ebay.

This is the cable I use on my SCSI-2 AcerScan 620ST scanner. It is a 6 foot,
25 pin Male to Male.
Pro Series IEEE 1284 Parallel Switchbox Cable - 1.8m
Part # F2A047b06

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=202328&pcount=&Product_Id=125117&Section.Section_Path=%2FCables%2FSwitchbox%2FProSerie%2E%2E%2EoxCables%2F

Just hope that SANE supports it!

--