What to use to assure system stability

Voska

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Hello I am asking you guru's for soem advice. Now i have been a long time AMD User and have never experienced any problems... until now. I just recently built me a AMD S939 system after feeling that my old but worthy XP3000+ has gotten dated. Well here I am now with a AMD Athlon 64 4000+ (stock) with 2GB RAM, Sound Blaster X-Fi, NVidia 7800GS, Seagate Barracuda SATA II 250GB 16MB Cache HDD, and a Vantec 520Watt 28AMP on the 12V+ to power the whole system. Everything appears to run fine whoever I do notice that the system might have some problems. every now and then i will get a kernal memory dump error or the system will lock up while loading a game mainly BF2142. Now I have ran all the futuremark benchmarks along with AquaMark3 to check performance and match it with similar systems that seems to check out. So here is my question

What is the best way to test for system stability?

happy_fanboy

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Go into the event viewer in control panel to get another look at the errors, that can help direct you sometimes. Check your HDD with a diagnostic test from the manufacturer of it, the memtest 86 and prime 95 are great tools too like dude just said.

G

If the crach mainly/only happen while playing BF2142, then I would blame the game. Dont know about this particular iteration but this serie of game is notorious for being buggy!

Even if the PSU seem good, monitor the Voltage and the temperature of the various components, a program should've been provided with your motherboard...