do these temps look normal?

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
hey, as many of you prolly read my threads, i just put together a new rig, and i also fixed the io problem, as well as cleaned up the wiring for good air flow.

using easytune, i received the following:
untitled-1.jpg

do these temps look right? also what are the yellow / red flashing exclamation sign things by CPU and SYSTEM.

specs are:
e6400 conroe
ga-965p-ds3 board
2gb xms2 (800) ram
seagate bara 320g sata2
gforce 7900gto

ALSO, last thing. do I need a fan for the SYSTEM slot? because there is a plug for it on the motheboad and I didn't know it was for (similar to cpu fan power slot). Thanks alot for your help, these forums are the best!

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
sorry bout the pic guys

checked bios pc health status

cpu : 24 deg celcius
system: 33 deg celcius

also what plugs into the SYSTEM fan plug (similar to cpu fan plug), i dont have a system fan if that i what its for, or is it just to measure rpms of a random fan inside the case?

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Those are awesome temps btu thats idle tough, download Intels TAT and measure the temperature during dual Prime95.
Thats a regular 3-pin fan connector for any case fan you wish.

CyberianK

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
where do you live? Sibiria, with (ice) water cooling in use?

Otherwise, these temps look strange indeed but the BIOS doesn't lie I think.

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
LOL i live in ontario, canada.

im using the arctic cooling freezer pro 7 with arctic thermal compound

its all in a aerocool xtremeengine case with the front fan. the huge side fan, and i purchased two 80mm exhaust fans (works perfect because the arctic cooling freezer pro spits out hot air right into the exhaust fans. ganna try those diagnostic programs when i get home tonight, thanks for the input guys

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
LOL i live in ontario, canada.

im using the arctic cooling freezer pro 7 with arctic thermal compound

its all in a aerocool xtremeengine case with the front fan. the huge side fan, and i purchased two 80mm exhaust fans (works perfect because the arctic cooling freezer pro spits out hot air right into the exhaust fans. ganna try those diagnostic programs when i get home tonight, thanks for the input guys

EasyTune is not particularly good for monitoring temperatures. Core Temp or Intel's Thermal Analysis Tool are more accurate. Your CPU is running in the low 30's, which is about right.

EasyTune has some kind of problem monitoring the fans, too. It doesn't work with my DS3 either. I used it for a couple of days to monitor my RAM voltage, and then removed it.

On that note, does anybody know of another utility that displays RAM voltage plus other CPU/motherboard details?

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
ook cool, next question, why does easytune display red xclamation things that flash yellow / red next to CPU and SYSTEM?

rushfan

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2006
ook cool, next question, why does easytune display red xclamation things that flash yellow / red next to CPU and SYSTEM?

I have no idea. Every other monitoring program that I use has no problem reporting the fan speeds, so I know that the motherboard headers/sensors are working properly.

It's pretty odd that Gigabyte's own stuff doesn't work, isn't it? If it's important to you to have an answer, you can call Gigabyte's tech support. It's waayy better than their web support.

What city do you live in?