P5VDC-MX The all in one Mobo? ? experience? core 2 duo?

asimons999

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2006
hey are you having any problems with this board? its getting mixed reviews..

but the features are a life saver..

i wanna stick a agp fx5500, dvdrom drive, a burner, a ide 80 gig hdd and a core 2 duo e6300 in there with 2 sticks of single channel ddr 1 ram.. do you think i will have any troubles? oh and i got a usi 400w PSU..

Slobogob

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
hey are you having any problems with this board? its getting mixed reviews..

but the features are a life saver..

i wanna stick a agp fx5500, dvdrom drive, a burner, a ide 80 gig hdd and a core 2 duo e6300 in there with 2 sticks of single channel ddr 1 ram.. do you think i will have any troubles? oh and i got a usi 400w PSU..

I have the rev 1 of it paired with a Pentium D 820 and i like it. You can´t overclock with it though. You can adjust the FSB but none of the voltages and you can´t enable any multipliers. Rev 1.x doesn´t support conroe and only goes up to fsb 800 while Rev 2.xx is certified for FSB 1066 and conroe. If you intend to do anything other than just running it, i´d get something else. If you just need a stable board and aren´t overclocking or looking for lots of features at a good price then this is your board. I got mine for 23€ including shipping - i just couldn´t resist. :lol: