Wallpaper

February 10, 2005 5:55:07 AM

How do I change the Wallpaper in Windows Mobile Edition for Pocket PC. I
have a Dell Axim X30.

More about : wallpaper

February 10, 2005 2:06:20 PM

Johnny Lingo wrote:
> How do I change the Wallpaper in Windows Mobile Edition for Pocket PC. I
> have a Dell Axim X30.

Simpletst Way:

Go to Start>>Settings>>Today

Here you will have a listing of the themes (wallpapers) that are
installed on your unit. You can highlight one and close out. You
should then see the new theme.

More Complex Ways:
You can utilize 3rd party applications such as ThemeMaster or ThemeSync
or several others to automatically change the theme at pre-determined
intervals.

Hope this helps.

CD
February 10, 2005 2:13:18 PM

Thinking over my response I felt a few more details were in order...

The themes (of which wallpaper is a part) are generally .tsk files. You
can make your own with a variety of programs or you can download them
from sites such as http://www.pocketpcthemes.com.

You can install a theme by copying/moving the .tsk file into the Windows
directory of your PocketPC.

There are animated today screens but I'll leave that up to you to learn
about. See the aforementioned web site for more details.

Good luck,

CD

me wrote:
> Johnny Lingo wrote:
>
>> How do I change the Wallpaper in Windows Mobile Edition for Pocket
>> PC. I have a Dell Axim X30.
>>

> Simpletst Way:
>
> Go to Start>>Settings>>Today
>
> Here you will have a listing of the themes (wallpapers) that are
> installed on your unit. You can highlight one and close out. You
> should then see the new theme.
>
> More Complex Ways:
> You can utilize 3rd party applications such as ThemeMaster or ThemeSync
> or several others to automatically change the theme at pre-determined
> intervals.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> CD
Anonymous
February 10, 2005 8:28:03 PM

"Johnny Lingo" <johnnylingo@spammenot.com> wrote in message
> How do I change the Wallpaper in Windows Mobile Edition for Pocket PC. I
> have a Dell Axim X30.

1. What size must the picture be (pixels)?

2. What format should it be in (bmp, jpeg, etc)?
!