Samsung Bashes RIM's BlackBerry in New Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwestern

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
I'm curious as to why Samsung would bother with RIM when they have such a stronghold on the market. No way should they feel threatened by them.

sulanis

Honorable
Nov 29, 2012
I think Samsung make pretty good products, however when they start bashing other companies(RIM) it really makes me think they are scared of RIM because they know it could end up being a great product. RIM has never bashed other companies, all they are doing is trying to spread the word about there new OS.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Samsung needs more phones with physical keyboards. The only option from them (for AT&T atleast) was the Samsung Captivate Glide.... Love the size of the Note, but went with something with a real keyboard instead.

I watched the commercial twice. It's not really a bashing, more of a zing. Someone likes to create a storm in a glass of water. The BB appears twice, last time side-by-side to what appears to be an iPhone.
Zing!

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I don't feel any "bashes" in this commercial. Few jabs... but nothing really major and no real argument.

The only point I see in this commercial is 2 different way to think: business man (a professional phone that you CAN'T install JUNK on it and that you USE JUST for business) and the "one phone rule them all" (one phone DOING EVERYTHING... that mean MIX business and personal use).

Most "big" business don't WANT THAT. You should mostly never use phone for personal call on their PHONE.
It's worst if you use their data for your personal use...

Also adding 256bit-AES encryption on the phone mean nothing. Android have few securities issues that seem unacceptable for a business model. What the importance of a 256bit-AES encryption when you stream that information unencrypted everywhere around you, cloud (any cloud could be hacked) and on Internet.
Being secure means stop security issue (where Android OS should need refactoring) and stop installing junk (something Android OS allow if you allow it).

I like Samsung... but this commercial is a miss... I fell the Unicorn Apocalypse is more important since that take half of the commercial.

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
pfft everyone knows they fart rainbows....and thats REALLY how the apocalypse will start. Unicorns are what the 4 horsemen will be ridding! So it has been written so it shall be done!!!!

G

I don't see a lot of RIM bashing (there's an iPhone depicted as "fun only," as well), but Samsung seems a bit late to the game with this commercial. BB10 explicitly manages work and personal life on one phone... I like my Galaxy, but if I worked in a work environment where security was paramount, I'd trust RIM way more than Android/Samsung.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Kind of a funny commercial... its a ZING... but who cares. Pretty much any BB owner I meet are wanting to go Android or iPhone anyway. I do wish RIM the best of luck, but I'm not seeing it.

The Zach Galifianakis "Clone" is interesting.... might have worked better if they really just used Zach Galifianakis.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]Funny commercials aside... the Android OS needs to get security under control. I can't have my phone collecting data for some covert 3rd party. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Androi [...] 16613.html[/citation]

Apple employee spotted.

Don't download apps from non-trust sources and don't download Chinese developed Apps. Problem solved.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]wdmfiber[/nom]Funny commercials aside... the Android OS needs to get security under control. I can't have my phone collecting data for some covert 3rd party. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Androi [...] 16613.html[/citation]

Then put your own OS on the phone. If you bought a desktop PC from HP/Dell you know that it comes with tons of "spyware" for lack of a better term. So does your phone, the easy way to fix it is with format.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
[citation][nom]wemakeourfuture[/nom]Why do all Galaxy users in Samsung commercials act like douchebags?[/citation]

Why do all iphone owners on tom's act like douchebags in the forums?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]shadowfamicom[/nom]Samsung needs more phones with physical keyboards. The only option from them (for AT&T atleast) was the Samsung Captivate Glide.... Love the size of the Note, but went with something with a real keyboard instead.[/citation]

They do, it's not their fault AT&T doesn't want them.

Try to be smarter if you are going to bash a company.

keither5150

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2008
This commercial hits close to home as I sat through the same meeting..... minus the unicorns. We were given the choice of leaving Blackberry and going to iphone or Android. I think that we only have 3 People out of 29 that chose to keep their BB. There is also 4 people that chose iphone that want to go back to BB 10 when released. I will keep my note 2. However a 5 inch BB might look tempting.

I don't think that they bashed rim. It looks like they are saying "Hey we do business" My note 2 is used for business and has worked fantastic. I hope rim does well.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Samsung is really making bad commercials lately, all they do is make fun of everyone else for being "stupid" for getting other phones and not actually marketing their phone's features (sans the weird touch phones together to do something). Hell, apple even made better attack ads back in the mac vs pc days (which were also stupid).

eijiyuki

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Alot of companies actually don't let employees use phones other than Blackberries. So this commercial hits home for a lot of ppl.

Status
Not open for further replies.