Sign in with
Your question

Newegg made a uh-oh.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 26, 2006 4:39:01 PM

Take a look at this link, it claims by newegg, that its a Biostar 7900GS. Interesting, nice cooler too. But take a look at the pictures...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Ive seen newegg make slight problems, but how can you mix this up?

More about : newegg made

October 26, 2006 4:57:12 PM

Cool, didn't know HIS made cooling systems for 7900GS's with red pcb!! :p  Which card is that?

Edit: Just kidding, saw the sticker and manual...X1600Pro
Related resources
October 26, 2006 5:08:07 PM

Well, duh, its obvious that Biostar is trying to be sneaky and pretending that a person who wants to buy a Radeon is getting an Nvidia model.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas Day:
SON: "Oh boy, daddy! I can't wait to open my HIS Radeon X850XT PE!! It will give me the best 2nd generation technology performance!"
<Tears off paper and strokes the "Radeon" label on the box>
FATHER: "I couldn't think of a better gift for you, son. This will enable you to more effectively waste time with your video games!"
<SON screams, and drops the box>
SON: "DADDY, NO! ITS NVIDIA!! PLEASE NO! IS THERE NO GOD IN THIS WORLD! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY! NVIDIA!??!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
<FATHER puts hands over his eyes, weeping>
FATHER: "Damn you Nvidia. DAMN YOU BIOSTAR! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TREACHERY!"
<FATHER and SON both kill themselves by stabbing themselves with inferior computer parts>
THE END
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See, its a plot for Biostar to "get rid" of all the Radeon lovers in the world.
:D 
-cm
October 26, 2006 5:19:48 PM

You sir, have taken this too far! :twisted:
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2006 5:25:52 PM

Report it, sometimes they give gives rebate coupons =)
a c 271 U Graphics card
October 26, 2006 6:08:29 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
October 26, 2006 6:54:14 PM

Quote:
Well, duh, its obvious that Biostar is trying to be sneaky and pretending that a person who wants to buy a Radeon is getting an Nvidia model.

Christmas Day:
SON: "Oh boy, daddy! I can't wait to open my HIS Radeon X850XT PE!! It will give me the best 2nd generation technology performance!"
<Tears off paper and strokes the "Radeon" label on the box>
FATHER: "I couldn't think of a better gift for you, son. This will enable you to more effectively waste time with your video games!"
<SON screams, and drops the box>
SON: "DADDY, NO! ITS NVIDIA!! PLEASE NO! IS THERE NO GOD IN THIS WORLD! WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY! NVIDIA!??!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
<FATHER puts hands over his eyes, weeping>
FATHER: "Damn you Nvidia. DAMN YOU BIOSTAR! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS TREACHERY!"
<FATHER and SON both kill themselves by stabbing themselves with inferior computer parts>
THE END

Sounds like box office gold.... You may want to secure the rights to that... :wink:
October 26, 2006 7:01:44 PM

Image is gone now.
October 26, 2006 7:12:16 PM

Quote:
Report it, sometimes they give gives rebate coupons =)

Yeah, just remind them that it was AMD, not Nvidia that bought ATI. :lol: 
October 26, 2006 8:22:06 PM

I already did... by quoting it, you now owe me 25,000 dollars.

Sorry. 8)
-cm
!