how to flashback sapphire x1900xt?

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
ok i think i made a mistake, trying to force bios sapphire x1900xt to x1900xt and went blank.

after several minutes, i tried to reboot but no working. the vga fan kept running at maximum.

is there solution to my problem here? or it's finished :(

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
woohoo!! i tried it again with new atiflash software from http://www.techpowerup.com and a little help of command line from techpowerup.com forum, and it works! i get my vga card back to normal again.

thank you very much prozac26 & wuzy!! i really appreciate it!! woohooooooooooooo

to wuzy: it's me enorhc at your ym list hehe nice to have you back here again though not so often.

for all the people who experience the same like me could do the trick with atiflash, another pci vga card or another card if you can go with dual agp/pcie card, floppy disk, your default bios rom/bin, and the command line:

atiflash -p 0 -f -newbios thebiosfilenamehere

(e.g: atiflash -p 0 -f -newbios r580.rom)

good luck.. as i've been trying straight 6 hours to get my card back to normal and i finally did it after being helped here and there through forums like this. you guys are awesome!

darkstar782

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
There is an x900? :s

I have reflashed an nVidia card blind :D but thats just going to a DOS prompt and typing the same thing.

I do have a few S3 PCI cards kicking about in case of emergency tho.

chrone

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
it's a typo, should be x1900xt. hehe

btw nice to hear you can flash it blindly. in my case, the system won't reboot if the x1900xt just ran alone. it needed other agp/pci card so it would reboot (i'm running with asrock 775dual-vsta therefore i can use either agp/pcie/pci) :p