Epson Rx420

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
December 11, 2004 10:41:05 PM

Hi, bit of a technophobe really, so be patient with me! ;-)
My son has bought the 3 in 1 Epson RX420 (against my advice). He lives
away, so has been relaying this to me over the phone.
Seems he has loaded everything, and the printer and copier are working
fine. The scanner however, when he clicks on "scan to application", it
asks to "instal supported twain driver". Can anyone tell me what it is
looking for, does he need to download something from the net. He
assures me he has loaded everything that came with the machine. He has
tried the helpdesk, but of course, it's not manned weekends, and he's
keen to get it working this weekend.
Any help will be gratefully received.
Thanks

Frank

More about : epson rx420

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 2:40:34 AM

"frank" <omeyas@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi, bit of a technophobe really, so be patient with me! ;-)
> My son has bought the 3 in 1 Epson RX420 (against my advice). He lives
> away, so has been relaying this to me over the phone.
> Seems he has loaded everything, and the printer and copier are working
> fine. The scanner however, when he clicks on "scan to application", it
> asks to "instal supported twain driver". Can anyone tell me what it is
> looking for, does he need to download something from the net. He
> assures me he has loaded everything that came with the machine. He has
> tried the helpdesk, but of course, it's not manned weekends, and he's
> keen to get it working this weekend.
> Any help will be gratefully received.
> Thanks
>
> Frank
It is looking for the TWAIN scanner driver.
He may have to download the latest driver from Epson.

If he is using Windows XP:
If the TWAIN driver is installed.
The driver is located in C:\Windows\Twain_32\Scanner_driver_name (hidden
folder have to config Windows Explorer to show all files.)

There is one to several files in the folder with the scanner driver name.
The one file would be a .DS.

Example:
I have a Minolta ScanDual 4 and a AcerScan 620ST installed on my computer.
D:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\DS_Dual4 is the folder for the ScanDual 4
D:\WINDOWS\Twain_32\Mira3_42 is the folder for the AcerScan, The Driver is
called Mira.

My computer is dual-boot so Windows XP is installed on D:

If there is no folder and file in C:\Windows\Twain_32, there is no TWAIN
driver installed.

If the driver is not installed you or he can download the driver from the
Epson UK support site.

This is the link to the driver for the Epson Stylus Photo RX420.
http://emeasupport.epson-europe.com/downloads.aspx?LNG=...

If the above link does not work.
http://www.epson.co.uk click on Support.
Click driver & manual downloads under DOWNLOAD and Manuals
Select Language
Product Range=All in One
Product=Stylus Photo RX420
FileId leave blank.

Then click Search.

Scroll down a little to see the Drivers. Download and install.

Turn off any Virus scanning Software you have running before installing
software.

If there is previous software installed for the Epson Stylus Photo RX420, Be
sure to remove it before installing new software.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

frank Wrote:
> Hi, bit of a technophobe really, so be patient with me! ;-)
> My son has bought the 3 in 1 Epson RX420 (against my advice). He lives
> away, so has been relaying this to me over the phone.
> Seems he has loaded everything, and the printer and copier are working
> fine. The scanner however, when he clicks on "scan to application", it
> asks to "instal supported twain driver". Can anyone tell me what it is
> looking for, does he need to download something from the net. He
> assures me he has loaded everything that came with the machine. He has
> tried the helpdesk, but of course, it's not manned weekends, and he's
> keen to get it working this weekend.
> Any help will be gratefully received.
> Thanks
>
> Frank

Hi, I have the same problem with my RX420, which comes up with the
error message "Please install the supported TWAIN driver" whenever I
try to use the scanner from the PC. No matter what I do, and that
includes spending ages with the Epson help team, I still have not got
round this problem. The printer is working fine and can be used from
the PC as normal. The scanner also works fine locally as long as the PC
is not involved (I can copy for instance), but I cannot make it work
from my PC (via the Smart Panel or direct through Start > Programmes >
Epson Scan). Have you managed to find a fix for this yet? Would really
like to know what your son has tried and if he got it sorted. The Epson
Help Team in UK would also like to know!!!

--
Tony
!