Check out 3lfk1ng's mod progress.

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Wow! That's going to look really nice! Is that a Japanese character or a Chinese character? (I'm Chinese btw)

I like the handles too and a mirror finish. Wow... :)

Can't wait to see the finished product! Good luck! :p

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
that looks really, really REALLY awesome. i'm so jealous. depending on time/capital consumed, you could probably sell them n' stuff. yup. y'could. very sweet.

more like project wetdream.... just kidding.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Thanks guys, very much!

@unbiased4u..Thanks
It's japanese (Kanji Style) and it means "Dream"
Thanks I wanted Industrial looking handles. and Mirror finish ftw
You'll have finished product in about a month er so

@lordaardvark2..Thanks
It's running me roughly about...~$120ish...but no higher. And I'm doing it purely for fun so I don't plan on selling em :p
I just want a case that truely stands out from other Kandalf's

The way I like to think about it....you can buy a Harley and be happy with it....but 100,000 other people are riding the same exact looking bike. But when you do modification to completely alter the overall appearance and feel you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind work of art that no one else has. I wanted this case to be different, and thanks for the approval guys.

~3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
@ verndewd..um
LOL, I...guess I'll take that as a complement.

@ Natecannon..Thanks
Thanks man, good to see you again, Havn't seen you ina while.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
The way I like to think about it....you can buy a Harley and be happy with it....but 100,000 other people are riding the same exact looking bike. But when you do modification to completely alter the overall appearance and feel you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind work of art that no one else has.

YES. that is exactly how i feel about like ALL of my stuff. my bass, my backpack, my shoes, my compy case.... the only problem is when you go overboard and end up making the thing you're modding look horrendous.... happened to me more than once, but, if you have 3lk1ng's magical magic, thats nothing you need to worry about. :D

You've got me thinking of bringing up an old idea of mine.... take the case, sandblast it, take a decal, spray case with high gloss, metal flaked candy, and remove the decal to leave a ghost graphic.
I'm going to do that with the kanji for shadow - kage, and the kanji for shinobi. If I feel like it I might put in the oni kanji while I'm at it.

3lfk1ng

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
You've got me thinking of bringing up an old idea of mine.... take the case, sandblast it, take a decal, spray case with high gloss, metal flaked candy, and remove the decal to leave a ghost graphic.
I'm going to do that with the kanji for shadow - kage, and the kanji for shinobi. If I feel like it I might put in the oni kanji while I'm at it.

Nice, I got DaSickNinja in on the modding scene.....be sure to post your progress on WizD