Where do i find AM2 5400+, 5600+ and 6000+?

Crownregent

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
Tryingg to finish my dream system before christmas and only need to know where and when i can get my AM2 6000+ or lesser processors?
And no i wont settle for pathetic 5200+

Secondly where can i preorder a Geforce 8800 GTX?

JBS181818

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
try a little research. none of those are released as of yet. and why preorder? just buy it the day it comes out. If you try to buy it the morning it comes out you'll be fine. of course you might be paying 100-200 over retail, but hey, thats life.

tool_462

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2006
I make stuff up, I trust myself. The Inquirer makes up a lot more stuff, therefore I trust the Inquirer a lot more.

Just kidding, I dont trust the Inquirer with any info

purdueguy

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
You must be dreaming if you are considering an AM2 6000+.

With the performance of the current line-up of C2D CPU's, if you are calling the 5200+ pathetic, I'd even call the 6000+ pathetic as I'm sure it will be completely overpriced for the performance it will deliver. It's not like moving up to the 6000+ from a 5200+ is some technological leap.

If you are going to plop down 650 bucks for a video card then plop another 950 bucks and get an X6800. I highly doubt the FX-74 will match it.

If you want a dream system, get a Quad-Core. I'd tell you to wait for the R600, but since you want to build your dream system before Christmas, I won't bother.

I'm sure the R600 & Quad-core will give you nightmares just by knowing that your "dream system" is all that. A dream.

mcain591

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
the chips that you mentioned are just the FX-62, rebranded, in different forms.
they are doing this because they want to move the "FX" series to the land-grid pin set-up, and use the FX series exclusively with their 4X4 platform.

But for the end user, this means FX chips at a much lower cost.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006

With the performance of the current line-up of C2D CPU's, if you are calling the 5200+ pathetic, I'd even call the 6000+ pathetic as I'm sure it will be completely overpriced for the performance it will deliver. It's not like moving up to the 6000+ from a 5200+ is some technological leap.

If you are going to plop down 650 bucks for a video card then plop another 950 bucks and get an X6800. I highly doubt the FX-74 will match it.

If you want a dream system, get a Quad-Core. I'd tell you to wait for the R600, but since you want to build your dream system before Christmas, I won't bother.

I'm sure the R600 & Quad-core will give you nightmares just by knowing that your "dream system" is all that. A dream.

I totally agree. I can't believe these suckers will fall for such outdated K8 chips when C2D is in town. Oh well, once a fanboy, always a fanboy I guess. :roll:

FWIW, an X2 6000+ will get rolled by an E6600, runs hotter and will cost more.

'Dream machine'?

If you dream about having overpriced and slow processors, then YES! Dream machine indeed. :lol: 8)

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

I totally agree. I can't believe these suckers will fall for such outdated K8 chips when C2D is in town. Oh well, once a fanboy, always a fanboy I guess. :roll:

'Dream machine'?

If you dream about having overpriced and slow processors, then YES! Dream machine indeed. :lol: 8)

.......He says as his fantasy company produces space heaters for three years. X2 set the bar and it took Intel 3 years to respond. Next year AMD will close the gap and MOST LIKELY take back the lead.

The specs of Antares and Antilles, etc are formidable considering AMD is starting with K8 instead of P3.

If you were to leave everything except the extra issue they would still be eating X2s dust.

epsilon84

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2006

'Dream machine'?

.......He says as his fantasy company produces space heaters for three years. X2 set the bar and it took Intel 3 years to respond. Next year AMD will close the gap and MOST LIKELY take back the lead.

The specs of Antares and Antilles, etc are formidable considering AMD is starting with K8 instead of P3.

If you were to leave everything except the extra issue they would still be eating X2s dust.

Yada yada yada, didn't expect anything different from your Baron. :roll:

I'm not discussing AMD's exploits during Intel's Netburst era. I'm well aware where each company stood in performance over the years.

As others have already said, we are talking about the PRESENT, not the PAST.

If you want to dwell in AMD's past glory, fine by me. You can even speculate that they will regain the performance crown next year. I don't care - I'm a performance fanboy, I don't care which company has the better chip.

Your post, however, does NOTHING to dispute the fact than an X2 6000+ will be a slow, costly and inefficient chip compared to an E6600.

RichPLS

Champion

So you agree that like in golf, AMD should be rated with a handicap to make things fair? If the extra issue is such a quaint task, why does not AMD simply refresh K8 with an extra issue?

Crownregent

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
First : i am no amd fan boy. This computer is my first AMD since AMD K6 500 Mhz was out years and years ago. I have been faithful to Intel until Intel D came out. My last pc was a 940 with 500 GB HDD(2 x 250 ) with 2 GB DDR2 and X700 vid card.

The only reason i am going with AMD this time is the fact that Intel demand you to constantly update your motherboard to take advantage of the new CPUs coming out while AM2 allow me to use the AM2 6000 and then AM3 when it comes out. Now thats futureproofing!

Secondly to veer of my question just to flame someone, thats just plain childish. So if your here to flame, please go somewhere else. Im here to get answers not to read your mindless bickering about amd vs Intel.
I wanted help not reasons WHY Core 2 Duo somehow outruns AM2.

Thirdly. Its my money that pays for this. Not yours. so shut the hell up already about C2D and just leave this post alone if you cant just reply to what i ask about. And what was that?
WHERE DO I FIND THOSE CHIPS : AM2 5400, AM2 5600 and AM2 6000?
Thanks for your time

YO_KID37

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2006
Since you didn't get it the first time, let me tell you this, THEY DON'T EXIST.
Thank you. That will be all.
Goodnight.

Well not to prove you wrong or anything but i just got a Mail from Tiger direct.ca and they have Motherboard + CPU deals for AM2 5000+ and up to 5400+(so at least 1/2 of the CPU's hes asked for already exist but another 1/2 are just waiting for release next week or so Including the Socket F-FX series So most of these CPUs Exist or if they don't (whoops I think i just heard the AMD Factory calling, They confirmed the birth of another 5xxx Athlon and a few Socket F FX-6X, 7X being born< Sorry<

Mephistopheles

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
I have been faithful to Intel until Intel D came out.

It's not really about being faithful to AMD or Intel. It's not about AMD vs Intel. It's about the best performance. And the most we can actually do is tell you - and this is no flame - that overall, Core 2 Duo is the one who actually deserves to be on a system labelled with "dream". This is simply a fact, and it is an inconsistency in your initial post.

The other inconsistency here is the upgradability. Right now, from what we know, AM3 CPUs will be backwards compatible with AM2, but will probably operate at less than optimal speeds. And Intel's future Quad-core CPUs will all run on most quality motherboards supporting C2Ds. So the upgradability probably won't be that much better! Keep in mind that according to what we currently know, both platforms should support the next quad-core processor, so upgradability isn't looking as if AMD has an advantage. BTW, Intel's quads have already been tested on many current mobos too, which is an extra guarantee that that upgrade path exists for Intel.

... in any case, both these companies always tell us that their platforms are widely upgradable until they suddenly state otherwise because of some pin/power/specs/features revision that they weren't really planning but that was needed...

Of course, it is your decision and you can buy whatever processor you'd like. But those higher-end A64s like the 5600 and 6000 are basically paper launches and knee jerk reactions to C2D, and their availability is very limited. Not even review sites have seen an A64 X2 6000 in action, not even those taiwanese ones, so you will probably have A LOT of difficulty in finding one such processor. You could settle for a Windsor-core A64 FX-62, at 2.8Ghz: it might do 3.0Ghz (but not beyond) and it comes with an unlocked multiplier.

Sorry if I upset you in any way with this post... :oops:

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Yada yada yada, didn't expect anything different from your Baron.

I'm not discussing AMD's exploits during Intel's Netburst era. I'm well aware where each company stood in performance over the years.

As others have already said, we are talking about the PRESENT, not the PAST.

If you want to dwell in AMD's past glory, fine by me. You can even speculate that they will regain the performance crown next year. I don't care - I'm a performance fanboy, I don't care which company has the better chip.

Your original statement was that X2 is SLOW and HOT. That's crap. Intel biased crap. Do you think Core 2 can compare to Alpha? No, but that doesn't mean Core 2 is SLOW.

That was my point. Had you said Core 2 was faster, I would have agreed. You took it upon yourself to get a barb in about AMD.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Tryingg to finish my dream system before christmas and only need to know where and when i can get my AM2 6000+ or lesser processors?
And no i wont settle for pathetic 5200+

Secondly where can i preorder a Geforce 8800 GTX?

Hmmm I'll re-word your post so that it becomes a true indication of a Dream system.

"Tryingg to finish my dream system before christmas and only need to know where and when i can get my Core 2 Duo/Quado processor?
And no i wont settle for pathetic AMD Athlon64 X2.

Secondly where can i preorder two ATi Radeon R600's?"

Now that's a dream system!!!

purdueguy

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2006
Okay. First of all a little math lesson. OP asked about the AM2 5400+, 5600+, and 6000+. That's a total of 3 CPU's.

Edit: Grammar mistake.

If your e-mail from tigerdirect.ca stated that the 5400+ was in that would be a 1/3rd of the CPU's he's asked for. You can't get 1/2 from 3. Can you buy 1.5 CPU's?

Anyway, my main point is that I went to tigerdirect.ca and the 5400+ is not listed. Here.

You probably got a pre-order e-mailing. So in fact, the OP still has zero CPU's that he's asked for.

Crownregent: Sorry about my little rant. And yes, it's your money but by calling the 5200+ pathetic and wanting a 6000+, you left yourself wide open. That's like calling a Dodge Neon pathetic and buying a Dodge Neon Sport.

I read your comment about Intel forcing people to update their mobos. Well, socket 775 has been around for awhile. AMD had socket 940 then 939 and now AM2. You might be able to use CPU's that will be compatible with DDR3 in the future but that is purely speculation at the moment. And isn't the FX-7X series suppose to be socket F? And wouldn't socket F require a new mobo? Sorry, but your point is pointless.

Both companies have had socket updates. It's part of the CPU biz. One might be around for awhile as the case for Socket A but eventually it will become outdated and a new one will take it's place. Nature of the beast.

I like AMD. I have an XP currently. Competition is good. But to create a "dream machine" the Core 2 Duo or Quad-Core will be the way to go for awhile.