SOS!! Brand new ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe problem!!!

Greek_Tornado

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Good evening
I bought a P5N32SLI SE Deluxe about a week ago and installed two ASUS 7800GTX's SLI'd, a 3,2 P4 775 cpu and two sticks of kingstons cheap 512 @ 533 ram. (These parts all come from the previous pc until I gradually updgrade to Core 2 Duo this one too).
So, everything runs fine until out of the blue and without any reason or indication, I turn off the pc normally and the power led stays on! I also get some strange devices that are not recognised by the device manager even though it didn't happen before and I had everything installed. Now it shows a pci bridge device, a pci memory controller and an sm bus controller unrecognized... Also i cant run the CD from ASUS to re-install everything i get a can't create kernel mode driver service or something like that... Any help would be appreciated, I deal with computers all my life and this thing has never occured to me again...

Greek_Tornado

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Update!
I managed to solve the drivers problem and installed these devices from ASUS's cd. Now it still has the power led on after shutdown though and even worse, the PSU (Thermaltake Toughpower 750 modular, also new bought together with the m/b) has some delay before shutting down although the system is already off! It didn't do that, everything turned off simultaneously before! I'm desperate!

Greek_Tornado

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
OOOOK people sorry for the alarm but it's 3 am here and after a tiring day you tend to forget the basics...
I cleared the RTC ram with the jumper and everything is back to normal... Strange problem still, but at least it's ok now.
At last I can sleep