Windows Explorer System32 window at startup

All of a sudden I get a System32 Explorer window at start-up. It's no
trouble to close the window but it is just one of those annoying things.

It is a new machine and I have been loading various software but I am not
sure which one might have caused it.

I could name the software but will see if it is something simple to correct
first.

(Using Home Edition SP2)
3 answers Last reply
More about windows explorer system32 window startup

    Hi

    Please have a look at the following link to Kelly's web site:

    Line 260 - right hand side

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "Bob Hewitt" <BobHewitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > All of a sudden I get a System32 Explorer window at start-up. It's no
    > trouble to close the window but it is just one of those annoying things.
    >
    > It is a new machine and I have been loading various software but I am not
    > sure which one might have caused it.
    >
    > I could name the software but will see if it is something simple to
    > correct
    > first.
    >
    > (Using Home Edition SP2)

    Absolutely Brilliant advice.

    One click less at start-up!

    Many thanks

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please have a look at the following link to Kelly's web site:
    >
    > Line 260 - right hand side

    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "Bob Hewitt" <BobHewitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > All of a sudden I get a System32 Explorer window at start-up. It's no
    > > trouble to close the window but it is just one of those annoying things.
    > >
    > > It is a new machine and I have been loading various software but I am not
    > > sure which one might have caused it.
    > >
    > > I could name the software but will see if it is something simple to
    > > correct
    > > first.
    > >
    > > (Using Home Edition SP2)

    You're welcome - glad to help.

    --

    > Absolutely Brilliant advice.
    >
    > One click less at start-up!
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > "Will Denny" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please have a look at the following link to Kelly's web site:
    >>
    >> Line 260 - right hand side
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "Bob Hewitt" <BobHewitt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > All of a sudden I get a System32 Explorer window at start-up. It's no
    >> > trouble to close the window but it is just one of those annoying
    >> > things.
    >> >
    >> > It is a new machine and I have been loading various software but I am
    >> > not
    >> > sure which one might have caused it.
    >> >
    >> > I could name the software but will see if it is something simple to
    >> > correct
    >> > first.
    >> >
    >> > (Using Home Edition SP2)

Windows Explorer System32 Software Windows XP