A tutorial of how to use these forums

Greg_Clark

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
I think that a tutorial of how to use these forums would be good. I've been using computers for many many years now, and I'm familiar with how things are usually set out. These forums appear to have alot of useful functionality. However, these forums are a bit difficult to understand and use. I couldn't find a general help or guide to these forums, so at this time it appears I'm on my own as to understanding how these forums work. I'd prefer to see what the help guide to these forums say, but it appears there is none.

I can probably manage on my own, but I think it would be a useful thing for these forums. On another forum I like to go to there's a subscribe to a thread option on each thread, it puts the thread in yoru subscriptions list and marks the thread as read. When you go to your subscriptions list, if there are any new posts, it says how many are new and how many total posts there are. There's then a link to go to the first unread post of the thread. In that thread there is a link to mark the thread as read.

I think there's a bookmark system on this thread, but I don't think it works quite as well as the subscriptions method. It's quite useful.

I'll be happy to provide the link to this forums website so that you can check out the implementation of this subscriptions feature if you'd like.

GeoMan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2005
For help, use the Help button, it's on the same line as your user name, Log out, Profile, Contact List,... and there it is, Help

it redirects here