Control Panel Problem

Herb

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Using Windows XP Pro - all of a sudden my Control Panel (using add or remove
programs) is not fully
populated and no longer shows "Change" or "Remove" for any item. The rest
look normal, no warnings. No other problems that I know of.

Have a look in the registry at stuff below:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
You may be able to find something that looks wrong in there. If your list is
cut off at a certain point, look at the key for the last item that does show
up, and look at the next key in the registry below that.
One thing that I have found that does something like this is a name that is
too long or badly formatted - usually somebody putting the whole company name
and a lot of other junk in there instead of keeping it simple.
If you know what you are doing, you may be able to edit to fix the problem.