More ways to waste money by Cingular

So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to every
Cingular / ATTWS. It announces the merger. They must have thought it was
actually going to happen on Nov. 15

In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.
5 answers Last reply
More about more ways waste money cingular

    > So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
    > announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to every
    > Cingular / ATTWS.

    Yep- that would be called advertising. Businesses do it all the time.
    Maybe you have a better way to insure that every ATT/Cingular customer was
    told of the merger. And be careful of the means of communication you
    choose- you have publicly stated in the past that many forms are not
    appropriate.

    >It announces the merger. They must have thought it was
    > actually going to happen on Nov. 15

    Or they waited for it to be completed before doing anything. Can you
    explain your fetish with 11/15?

    > In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
    > coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.

    Plenty of them- those of us that don't have our head up our asses can see
    them just fine.

    In article <jzwick3-5F7AA3.12583823112004@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
    jzwick3@mindspring.com says...
    > So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
    > announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to every
    > Cingular / ATTWS. It announces the merger. They must have thought it was
    > actually going to happen on Nov. 15
    >
    > In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
    > coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.

    The maps are still online. Go to Customer Service - Getting Started -
    Area Maps. As for decent....

    Cingular's "official" coverage isn't going to be much different on the
    map before or after ATTWS is merged because the maps show ALL licensed
    areas by ALL partners, whether the partners actually have GSM service,
    or ANY service, there or not. Therefore the only new areas would be
    where ATTWS had service but where Cingular didn't have a roaming partner
    at all either ATTWS or someone else--probably very few if any such
    areas. Cingular DID pick up GSM coverage due to ATTWS sites but you
    can't identify it on these best-case maps.
    --
    Jud
    Dallas TX USA

    In article <MPG.1c0d4e9ad470c24798981c@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net>,
    Jud Hardcastle <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote:

    > In article <jzwick3-5F7AA3.12583823112004@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
    > jzwick3@mindspring.com says...
    > > So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
    > > announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to every
    > > Cingular / ATTWS. It announces the merger. They must have thought it was
    > > actually going to happen on Nov. 15
    > >
    > > In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
    > > coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.
    > >
    > The maps are still online. Go to Customer Service - Getting Started -
    > Area Maps. As for decent....
    >
    > Cingular's "official" coverage isn't going to be much different on the
    > map before or after ATTWS is merged because the maps show ALL licensed
    > areas by ALL partners, whether the partners actually have GSM service,
    > or ANY service, there or not. Therefore the only new areas would be
    > where ATTWS had service but where Cingular didn't have a roaming partner
    > at all either ATTWS or someone else--probably very few if any such
    > areas. Cingular DID pick up GSM coverage due to ATTWS sites but you
    > can't identify it on these best-case maps.

    Put more succinctly, the maps grossly fail to meet the standard of the
    Consumer Code Cingular claims to abide by.

    > In article <MPG.1c0d4e9ad470c24798981c@news.dallas.sbcglobal.net>,
    > Jud Hardcastle <l5i5changethistodash5rbo@xemaps.removethis.com> wrote:
    >
    > > In article <jzwick3-5F7AA3.12583823112004@news1.east.earthlink.net>,
    > > jzwick3@mindspring.com says...
    > > > So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
    > > > announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to
    every
    > > > Cingular / ATTWS. It announces the merger. They must have thought it
    was
    > > > actually going to happen on Nov. 15
    > > >
    > > > In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
    > > > coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.
    > > >
    > > The maps are still online. Go to Customer Service - Getting Started -
    > > Area Maps. As for decent....
    > >
    > > Cingular's "official" coverage isn't going to be much different on the
    > > map before or after ATTWS is merged because the maps show ALL licensed
    > > areas by ALL partners, whether the partners actually have GSM service,
    > > or ANY service, there or not. Therefore the only new areas would be
    > > where ATTWS had service but where Cingular didn't have a roaming partner
    > > at all either ATTWS or someone else--probably very few if any such
    > > areas. Cingular DID pick up GSM coverage due to ATTWS sites but you
    > > can't identify it on these best-case maps.
    >
    > Put more succinctly, the maps grossly fail to meet the standard of the
    > Consumer Code Cingular claims to abide by.

    Please provide a link to the minimum technical requirements for these maps
    as required by the CITA Consumer Code. If one is not available, then please
    explain how something can not meet a standard that doesn't exist.

    In <jzwick3-5F7AA3.12583823112004@news1.east.earthlink.net> on Tue, 23 Nov
    2004 18:58:38 GMT, Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> wrote:

    >So i get the USPS FANCY LETTER today, on heavy stock like a wedding
    >announcement. Must cost 10's of millions of dollars to mail out to every
    >Cingular / ATTWS. It announces the merger. They must have thought it was
    >actually going to happen on Nov. 15
    >
    >In fine print on the bottom, it says go to www.cingular.com to see
    >coverage map. Too bad there's no decent map on line.

    [yawn] Do you really think anyone cares about this nonsense besides you?
    Get a life. Seriously.

Cingular Internet Service Providers