new pc case

albo

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2004
hi guys. i was going to buy the new antec nine hundred case. i was wondering if anybody could give me there opinions on it. will it be a problem that the psu will be at the bottom of the case instead of the top? my other choice would have been on of the thermaltake armor series cases.

thanks . albo

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
The Antec nine-hundred have some really decent specs. The few reviews out there all seemed to really like it since it moved a ton of air while being pretty damn quiet. I was planning on getting the NZXT Lexa, but I'm now considering this case instead.

Personally, Silverstone is too expensive for me and I don't like the way Lian-Li's look.

Lastly, the TT armor is also a nice case, but I would only consider it if I got the 25cm side fan with it...

For the PSU on the bottom, I assume the PSU will be inverted so it will draw air downwards and out... but I should confirm that with Antec themselves, otherwise then it wouldn't be as useful as it seems.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
The Antec nine-hundred have some really decent specs. The few reviews out there all seemed to really like it since it moved a ton of air while being pretty damn quiet. I was planning on getting the NZXT Lexa, but I'm now considering this case instead.

Personally, Silverstone is too expensive for me and I don't like the way Lian-Li's look.

Lastly, the TT armor is also a nice case, but I would only consider it if I got the 25cm side fan with it...

For the PSU on the bottom, I assume the PSU will be inverted so it will draw air downwards and out... but I should confirm that with Antec themselves, otherwise then it wouldn't be as useful as it seems.
Yeah... the nine-hundred comes with 3 120mm fans and 1 200mm fan. Plus, it has slots for even more fans. The styling might not be for everybody, but I personally love it.

albo

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2004
thanks for your input. i think i will go with the nine hundred, it might be a little on the small side. on pictures i've seen all you can see in the side window is a mass of cables and wiring.

dean7

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
BTW, check out THG "Gaming Case Showdown" if you haven't already:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/10/27/the_gaming_case_showdown/

Nine Hundred is in there.

TRENDING THREADS