Temps & Voltages

bongski

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Hi, i just oc'd my e6400 following wusys guide, im just getting confused with the temps my temp softwares showing and i dont know which is accurate. Core temp, TAT, & Everest shows an almost identical reading with a +/- 1c difference while Asus pcprobeII & Bios reads about 8-10c higher.
Another question is i set my vcore to 1.4v and core temp and pc probe reports 1.34v on idle and 1.3 on load, as i increase my fsb and make it stable, is it ok to increase my vcore until core temp reports the voltages at 1.4(i dont want to exceed 1.4v for now). thanks any info would be appreciated.

bongski

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Thanks guys just clearing up the things that confuses me, its my first time to oc and i got my e6400 w/ Asus P5B (the lowliest of the P5b series i guess cuz' wusy didnt reccomend it) to 3.2Ghz through wusys guide, i still dont know know if i can bump it up cuz' im still researching/learning how to loosen up the timings of my ram. im in s. korea and im using a local brand ram(digiworks 667mhz/5-5-5-15). thanks for your patience in guys like me. :)

bongski

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Ive pushed vcore beyond 1.375v to make it stable on Prime 95, but then youre right i might be blaming vcore too much when it could be my mobos limitation of not being able to adjust vMCH, SB voltage and other parameters that makes it fail the stress test.

Thanks wusy, i'll see how far i could go w/ that setting. :)