Best Video Capture Card...

Criminal89

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
A buddy of mine has started taking old video tapes and capturing the video to his computer. He hasbeen using different sources such as camcorders and a VCRs. He is currently using an All-in-Wonder X1300 to capture video and Ulead Video Studio 10,but the capture video is extremely grainy. Does anyone have a suggestion on what would be the best video capture card for him to use? He wants to spend around $200. Thanks for any help.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
He hasbeen using different sources such as camcorders and a VCRs. He is currently using an All-in-Wonder X1300 to capture video and Ulead Video Studio 10,but the capture video is extremely grainy
since he wants a card for capture video from these courses
i recommend the one of these two
Studio Plus version 10 is also available with hardware.
Studio Plus 700-PCI
Use the easy-to-install internal 700-PCI card to capture video on your PC from most camcorders or VCRs and view results or record back to tape in real-time.

Studio Plus 700-USB
Connect the 700-USB external device to capture video on your desktop or laptop PC from most camcorders or VCRs and view results or record back to tape in real-time.
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Home+Video/Studio+Family/Studio+Plus+version+10.htm

i think this one is the best that you can get.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
if you have a look at pinnacles site
studio plus 700 pci it says that the card can capture in hd format.