8GB usb flash drive review

Farrwalker

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
As USB flash drives get larger capacity, faster read and write times; their popularity and utility increases. I believe that a review of 8GB flash drives would be of interest to many readers of tomshardware.com. I have been unable to find information which has information for me to compare these drives performance.

For example the CORSAIR Flash Voyager GT list Read speed: 34MB/s and Write speed: 27MB/s. Whether this is true I don't know. Furthermore, most of the other drives of the same size don't even list any read or write speeds.

The prices cover a wide range from $46 to $206. It would be nice for tomshardware to use their technical know-how and their lab equipment to test a dozen or more 8GB usb flash drives, and publish an article reporting the read speed, the write speed, durability, and typical cost.

Sengoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Technically, this should go into article requests. However, it's a good idea, particularly with that vista USB cache [if I get the name wrong here, I'm going to take a tazer to the head so I'm going to leave it like this until I get the name right] whatever it's called, which is heavily speed dependent. I will bring your suggestion to editorial.