Need a mic to go with my setup:

sruane

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I have the same soundcard and two cheap ($10-$15) clip-on microphones. They both work just fine. You may need to adjust the volume slider for the microphone to get it to pick up.

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I've used the same el-cheapo mic for about 7 years, think it was a Labtec for about $4. It had a clip for shirt collar etc. Played lots of FPS and MMOs and everyone says it sounds great, always clear.

99% of the time its not that important to pay a lot for a mic although I would say if you get a really cheap one make sure you can clip it on your shirt near your face somewhat as they aren't usually best off to the side but sound fine in front of you positionally.

Headphones are where to spend the bucks for sound. Hope yours does well.

sektor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2006
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Know where I can get one of these clip on mics?

As far as the headphones, I decided to invest in a very good set of stereo headphones. I asked around quite a bit.

I was able to talk to a gentlemen who tests a lot of headphones out and asked him about these and a few others, including the HD555's. He said, without a doubt, these are some top notch headphones and recommends them for gaming.

Their quality is excellent for both gaming and music listening to. I am really anxious to get them.

I'll post back if anyone is interested on the quality.

Talon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
I was wrong about the brand of my mic. Called the wife and asked her to look since I'm at work. Its a Cyber Acoustics mic.

It has gone up a couple dollars since I bought mine many years ago but if the quality is still the same its well worth the $7 bucks where I found one in the link. It has a little cradle too you can "stick" to the desk or side of monitor to hold mic when not in use. :) Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS