D-Link and iTunes problem

Archived from groups: (More info?)

After an evening of trying to work out why my D-Link wireless router
had stopped connecting to AOL the helpful chaps at D-Link asked whether
I had just upgraded iTunes.

I had upgraded iTunes a day or so previously and miraculously after
uninstalling iTunes and reseting the router it worked fine. Apparently
they've been quite busy on the D-Link techical line as a result of the
latest iTunes becoming available!

The chap at D-Link talked me through some changes to my router settings
and advised that I could now download iTunes again without it causing a
problem.

As you will have noted, I am not profficient with the technical aspects
of wireless routers but thought I would post my experience here in case
it helped anyone out.
5 answers Last reply
More about link itunes problem
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    The main change seemed to be in the network set-up screens where the
    DNS IP address was changed from automatically assigned to specific
    ones, which were something like:
    4.2.2.2
    4.2.2.3

    I'm sure the router log had suggested some sort of DNS problem, not
    that I have the first clue what DNS actually is or does!
  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "topcat11uk" <topcat11uk@aol.com> wrote:
    >I had just upgraded iTunes.

    Yeah, apparently iTunes 5 is a real disaster. Anyone know where I can
    find 4.9 on the net?
  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    topcat11uk a écrit :
    > After an evening of trying to work out why my D-Link wireless router
    > had stopped connecting to AOL the helpful chaps at D-Link asked whether
    > I had just upgraded iTunes.
    >
    > I had upgraded iTunes a day or so previously and miraculously after
    > uninstalling iTunes and reseting the router it worked fine. Apparently
    > they've been quite busy on the D-Link techical line as a result of the
    > latest iTunes becoming available!
    >
    > The chap at D-Link talked me through some changes to my router settings
    > and advised that I could now download iTunes again without it causing a
    > problem.
    >
    > As you will have noted, I am not profficient with the technical aspects
    > of wireless routers but thought I would post my experience here in case
    > it helped anyone out.

    Yep, I found that interesting. Do you by luck happen to know / be able
    to summarize what the "changes" in your router help with the recent itunes ?

    Aphrael...
    --
    "La demande mondiale d'ordinateurs n'excédera pas cinq machines."
    (Thomas Watson, Fondateur d'IBM, 1945)

    In article <2120j1pphe82gdvu4nog30oemilkl47m5p@4ax.com>, William P. N.
    Smith wrote:

    > "topcat11uk" <topcat11uk@aol.com> wrote:
    > >I had just upgraded iTunes.
    >
    > Yeah, apparently iTunes 5 is a real disaster. Anyone know where I can
    > find 4.9 on the net?

    itunes 5.01 was released today.
  5. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    "topcat11uk" <topcat11uk@aol.com> wrote in message

    > After an evening of trying to work out why my D-Link wireless router
    > had stopped connecting to AOL the helpful chaps at D-Link asked whether
    > I had just upgraded iTunes.
    >
    > I had upgraded iTunes a day or so previously and miraculously after
    > uninstalling iTunes and reseting the router it worked fine. Apparently
    > they've been quite busy on the D-Link techical line as a result of the
    > latest iTunes becoming available!
    >
    > The chap at D-Link talked me through some changes to my router settings
    > and advised that I could now download iTunes again without it causing a
    > problem.
    >
    > As you will have noted, I am not profficient with the technical aspects
    > of wireless routers but thought I would post my experience here in case
    > it helped anyone out.

    Same thing with me when I set up a system on a friends PCs. Must say that
    D-Link support was the best I have ever come across. Very efficient and spot
    on!

    Netgear however is completely another matter!!! Useless bunch!
    Julie

iTunes D-Link Wireless Networking