Apple's Steve Jobs, Google Utilized Illegal no-Hire Agreements

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
And Apple uses to this day IMO very illegal 'rectangle with rounded corners' and 'slide to unlock' ways to suppress competition. Let them whine.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I find it disturbing how greed can change a person, from the idealist guy that said "great artists steal", intended to bring out the best product possible with whatever means he could, to this ugly soul that would patent everything under the sun, prior art or non prior art, to stop competition from bringing out well deserved better products. And trying to control who works where, and complaining when the competition manages to snatch those people.. sigh...

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
I find it disturbing they Google and Intel are also being pursued by the government as they colluded with Apple. Which means all 3 are guilty of the same crime.

So why are people only talking about Jobs as if he's the only one who did anything wrong? Or posting up Jobs e-mails but conveniently omitting video e from Google and Intel.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
A lot of companies do this kind of stuff.

One big reason why there are jobless people.
The corporations should stop trying to save on manpower in development.

myromance123

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I find it disturbing they Google and Intel are also being pursued by the government as they colluded with Apple. Which means all 3 are guilty of the same crime.So why are people only talking about Jobs as if he's the only one who did anything wrong? Or posting up Jobs e-mails but conveniently omitting video e from Google and Intel.[/citation]

Probably because Jobs is dead, but Google and Intel are still alive and able to protect themselves.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]I find it disturbing they Google and Intel are also being pursued by the government as they colluded with Apple. Which means all 3 are guilty of the same crime.So why are people only talking about Jobs as if he's the only one who did anything wrong? Or posting up Jobs e-mails but conveniently omitting video e from Google and Intel.[/citation]
perhaps because the jobs worship needs to end yesterday... call this a "perception correction"

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
Well, if you don't want your employees leaving, then make sure they are happy with their pay, their schedule, their benefits, whatever. Give no reason to even look for a job. I worked in the semiconductor industry for many years and witnessed employees coming and going to competitors. It was not always about money.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
It is not employees wanting to leave, it is other companies poaching employees. As a manager I would never go to another business and try to poach employees to join my team. Develop your own team, make it great, and great people will want to join. Scalping, poaching is just wrong.

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Not surprised. Apple has been using patent lawsuits as a way to bully other companies since a while ago. See the multiple Samsung/Apple cases.

I hope this makes both the USPTO and the Senate wake up and change the patent system in order to not be used anymore as a weapon to shut down rival business.

G

"I hope this makes both the USPTO and the Senate wake up and change the patent system in order to not be used anymore as a weapon to shut down rival business..."

Most members of the House and Senate are lawyers, do you think they want to stop the lawsuits? They make too much money off of lawsuits to ever want to do anything to suppress them.

f-14

Distinguished
the medical companies do this alot also and have been doing so for decades. that's why you see all those new medical companies starting up made of former employees from other well known medical companies because new companies that want to make new tech or develop and pursue a deeper more extensive particular field have no such agreements with the well known companies and yet still have the close ties within them.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
According to leaked emails, Apple's late co-founder Steve Jobs and Google utilized illegal no-hire agreements.

You must have one of those inintech "Jump to conclusions" products. Please show me the law that states a CEO cannot remind the competition that their employee's cannot legally be recruited to the same fields.

All I see five employee's whining because they didn't like something at their job, and were unable to legally transfer their skill set to another employer that was in a direct competition role with their current employer. There are usually no-compete clauses when your hired on by a tech company, this process is not illegal by any means. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-compete_clause .

p.s.
when stealing an article from another site, try following the link to the section where they give credit to the original article that they stole from.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/01/23/business-us-apple-google-lawsuit-idUKBRE90M04Y20130123

G

Those emails explain why the price of Apple stocks are going down

Cazalan

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I thought these guys were smarter than that. Putting it in an email? That's just pure stupidity.

Imagine where we would be technologically if corporate greed wasn't holding us back.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"I am told that Googles new cellphone..."

Steve having problems with his English?

3rd email should use "Google's"... if I am not mistaken.
Then again, I am not a native English speaker.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]alvine[/nom]they should be allowed to work in either one as long as they are not stealing company's secrets[/citation]

The problem is that this is basically impossible since there is no way to selectively erase a human's memory especially since knowledge isn't really compartmentalisable. In other words "what has been seen cannot be unseen".

athonline

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]perhaps because the jobs worship needs to end yesterday... call this a "perception correction"[/citation]
Or because Apple at the moment is the most valuable company with the most "fans" and "haters". Thus an article about Jobs is most likely to attract people.

Status
Not open for further replies.