gago

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
My emachine t2484 would not power on , no indicator light and no fan movement when I push power switch. I changed the power supply it didnt work so I purchase a replacement mobo from ascendtech.us, I install everything as instructed still do not power on I returned the item for exchange thinking its a dead mobo but still no power. need help out here :cry:

gago

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
yes , I tested , power outlets and cords are working, I am planning to get another power supply at comp usa see if this work. any other thought?

gago

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
its from the original emachine, 350 watt..as I mention earlier this headache started when this computer will not power on .. I thought its the motherboard but after installing 2 new motherboards with desame problem , I starting to think Im barking on the wrong tree...Thanks for your suggestion

qwertycopter

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Let's try something easy.. the power switch. Check on the motherboard where the power switch connects and disconnect it. Now plug in power to your PSU and briefly connect the two motherboard power button pins with the tip of a screw driver. See if it powers on.