Vuescan vs SilverFast what batter any thoughts

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

SilverFast is generally considered the best scanner program. However, don;t
give up on the program that came with your scanner to begin with, or the
option of simply making all your edits in your image editing program. I've
done it both weays and frankly see no real benefit to editing oin the
scanner program at all. I simply scan for the largest file, then size & edit
PS CS.
"Mike Koperskinospam" <nospammkoperskinospam@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
> will be scanning slides mostly to start
> Thanks MIke

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:55:59 -0600, "Mike Koperskinospam"
<nospammkoperskinospam@kc.rr.com> wrote:

>Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
>will be scanning slides mostly to start
>Thanks MIke

If you're using a Minolta scanner, Silverfast. But get to know the
Minolta software first - you can do a lot with it.

Otherwise, try out =Vuescan for yourself and see whether you like it.
I don't. You might.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner,comp.periphs.scanners,rec.photo.equipment.35mm (More info?)

"Mike Koperskinospam" <nospammkoperskinospam@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
> Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
> will be scanning slides mostly to start
> Thanks MIke

If you drive a manual shift car and don't use airconditioning or a
furnace... You might like vuescan. If you know what I mean!

Doug

Mike Koperskinospam wrote:
> Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
> will be scanning slides mostly to start
> Thanks MIke

Many consider SilverFast to be superior, but it is seriously expensive. Your
licence will be good for only one scanner (a bizarre SilverFast 'feature').

Google on news:comp.periphs.scanners as well.

Mike Koperskinospam schrieb:
> Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
> will be scanning slides mostly to start
> Thanks MIke

I have written a review of the VUESCAN program on my website
http://www.gnyman.com
Please read it if you like - it is a very good program and I do prefer
it over Silverfast for most applications.