jmicron controller error

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
I only have one HD and therefore do not have a raid setup, but everytime my machine boots I get a Windows message that the Jmicron Raid Controller has encountered an error and needs to close.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Eddie

BustedSony

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I only have one HD and therefore do not have a raid setup, but everytime my machine boots I get a Windows message that the Jmicron Raid Controller has encountered an error and needs to close.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Eddie

I had this exact same error. It was due to a failed install of the Jmicron drivers, I don't know why. Go to Device Manager, look for the Exlamation mark under SCSI devices, and uninstall it it. Reboot and the Intel default drivers will install (which works if you're not using Raid) then upgrade to the Jmicron driver.

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Eddie

I had this exact same error. It was due to a failed install of the Jmicron drivers, I don't know why. Go to Device Manager, look for the Exlamation mark under SCSI devices, and uninstall it it. Reboot and the Intel default drivers will install (which works if you're not using Raid) then upgrade to the Jmicron driver.

I do not have the exclamation mark under the scsi device.

I also have Bios 1407 and it is still happening. I will get the windows update and see what that does.