New Crysis Video

pauldh

Illustrious
At least it looks like you have 2142 to keep you busy. I bought it yesterday although I'm not really that interested...rather be playing BF2. Buddies started buying it, so I figured for $38 at Circuit City, I'd grab it.

I am bummed Test Drive Unlimited got pushed off again...now EDIT: February 13th (after Crysis). Crysis looks like a must have for me. I'd really like a true farcry 2 though also. Believe it or not, I've been playing through farcry again now on the X1800XT. ANyway, I'm hijacking my thread. :roll:

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
At least it looks like you have 2142 to keep you busy. I bought it yesterday although I'm not really that interested...rather be playing BF2. Buddies started buying it, so I figured for $38 at Circuit City, I'd grab it.

I am bummed Test Drive Unlimited got pushed off again...now Nov 13th (after Crysis). Crysis looks like a must have for me. I'd really like a true farcry 2 though also. Believe it or not, I've been playing through farcry again now on the X1800XT. ANyway, I'm hijacking my thread. :roll:

2142 looks like a cool game but all that spyware crap they built in has put me off buying it on principle.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Ummm... what was the storyline of the first FartCry about anyway?

It was pretty complex.. something like run kill, jump, kill, run, jump, kill, kill kill, cutscene with CG babe, kill, jump, run, kill.
Maybe I got the end wrong. It could have been run,run,kill.

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
2142 looks like a cool game but all that spyware crap they built in has put me off buying it on principle.
It's not much of spyware, all it does is determine your general location and give you regional adds. Also, I have seen nothing but generic looking adds, not real world stuff. So I am not even sure if they are doing it or not.

Edit: Forgot to add, yes it's a cool game. The mechs and hover tanks are very fun once you get used to driving them.

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Yeah, but I'm sick of all the bugs. Why can't EA wait and release a game that isn't a bug-fest. They should be ashamed. The constant crashing, error messages, connection from EA server losses, etc almost ruins the incredible gameplay.
-cm

pauldh

Illustrious
Nice to see Newegg still has that deal. I got it for $199 shipped free for the retail box FX-55 and 250GB seagate. I still haven't installed the chip yet, too busy a weekend.

yourbestfriend

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
[/quote]

2142 looks like a cool game but all that spyware crap they built in has put me off buying it on principle.[/quote]

its not spyware, it just gets your ip to figure out where you live so you can read the ads. Did you know when you post on a forum they do the same thing

BTW the billboards look cool