Hey Guyz Pleeze Help Me

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Yo ppl i am not a first timer but what i have just bought is kinda new to me sp pleeze help .. i bought the following hardware

1: Intel D975XBX BOX MoBo
2: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86 Ghz
3: Kingston 1GB DDR2 ram ( Will add 3 more of them once the pc is up and running)
4: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM 320GB HDD

Now the mess is with the power supply .... since the MoBo is advance and more powerfull ... what specifications should i look for in the power supply that i buy for it .... like ?watts and any other .. and ya where i live the best quality PSU i found yet was a brand name THERMAL-INTAKE... keeping in mind that sooner i will add in Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2 to it .... what power supply shud i buy

Mess No 2... while buying the processor i was offered 3......................... a)Pentium D @3.40ghz, b)Pentium 4 HT @3.2ghz, c) core 2 duo @ 1.83ghz ... and i took option c .. plezze advice me if i did the right choice

Mess No 3 ... what about dvd drives .. are there SATA dvd writers and roms available or should i look for the best in IDE itself coz the D975XBX has only one IDE port with 2 devices to connect .. so advice here too

Note all the above were bought keeping in mind a fixed budget

Thankz IN Advance
Sparko

a)Pentium D @3.40ghz, b)Pentium 4 HT @3.2ghz, c) core 2 duo @ 1.83ghz ... and i took option c .. plezze advice me if i did the right choice
You did very good.
Use the THG Interactive CPU chart to compare performance between different CPUs.
THG CPU chart Pent D950 vs C2D E6400
You can go through different benchmark programs to see how CPUs compare.
That chart still doesnt have the E6300 CPU listed so bear that in mind.

The Intel BOXD975XBXLKR Intel 975X "Bad Axe" is a good motherboard but at $250 its very expensive. There are VERY good choices available that cost less. Do you want to consider other motherboard options? Or did you say you've already bought the stuff you listed above?
edit: never mind - I see you already bought those parts

The recommended PSU for a 7950GX2 motherboard is 450W. EVGA 7950 GX2 web page showing PSU reqmts

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Ok so guyz i kinda made a mistake ... well i bought thermaltake 420w psu
and soon a nvidia 7950 gx2 is comming in ..... so will dat all go together ....

Advice!!

Sparko

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
okeyyyy .. problemm fixed ..... well i got my tr2 420w psu exchanged for a 600w pure power ... hope that will do da trick...

anyways thank you alll for all da help ....

Sparko

Sparko

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Waaaaaaaaaahhhh ... life is soooo goooooood .... man after you said dat 420 watts will not be enuf for my system ..... i asked my dad to get it replaced with a 600watt pure power ... but yesterday when he got it n i cheked it .... guess wat ... it was a THERMAL TAKE pure power 680 watts .... man am i glad ... woooooooooohoooooooooooo

Hey BTW is the price for the 680 watts resonable
well fro me i paid 55*3 = 165 dollars fro it .... hmmmm wat say about it .... anyways ... now i am just waiting and collecting money for the NX7950 GX2 and my system is up n ready ... wooohoooooooo

CHEERZ
Sparko