Epson perfection 600 Twain Question

Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner for
what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade
3 answers Last reply
More about epson perfection twain question

    VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/) supports that scanner.

    "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
    > scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner
    > for
    > what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
    > SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

    "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
    > scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner
    > for
    > what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with this
    > SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

    Looks like it is time to buy a new scanner. The software does not even
    support Windows 98 or Windows Me. (Well, the Windows 95 driver works in
    Win98).

    You could try the TWAIN driver v3.77, but I am sure it will not work in
    Windows XP.
    http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=14566&infoType=Downloads&platform=Windows

    For Windows XP to support a SCSI scanner you have to install a SCSI card and
    ASPI from Adaptec.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300674

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com

    Thanks, I'm going to give it a try

    "Bob Janice" <rjanice@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
    > VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/) supports that scanner.
    >

    > "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message
    > > Just installed XP and can't seem to find any software that will let this
    > > scanner work with XP. Silverfast has some, but I can buy a new scanner
    > > for
    > > what their software costs. Anybody know of something I can use with
    this
    > > SCSI scanner. Epson never made an upgrade

Scanners Windows XP Epson Software Peripherals