PSU difficulties in Thermaltake Armor/Kandalf

technology-sponge

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2006
Have any of you guys out there got the TT Armor/Kandalf cases?

I've had a look around in reviews and shopping places like newegg with ratings and a lotta ppl said they had difficulties installing their PSU cuz od size/support bracket/top panel in the way/fan in the way/ issues

Could you tell me what power supply you used, and if you had any difficulties?

I've heard Thermaltake's own range don't fit well... LOL

bterrill

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
I have the black armor (I believe 8000BW or something) and I use this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128001

It fits fine if you take your time. I'd imagine any poiwersuppply is a bit of a headache to get in there, but they will go if you take your time.

It took me about 30 min to get that one in there, being the first time I used both so ... I could probably re-slap it in there within a few min now that I figured out how to get it in there and use the mount bracket.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Could you tell me what power supply you used, and if you had any difficulties?

My Armor has had a Liberty 620, a OCZ Gamextreme and a Mushkin 650 in it. I don't see why people would say it's a hassle. It's so roomy, I thought it was easy. Pop out the top drive bay, unscrew and pull out the support beam then mount the PS. I put teflon tape on all surfaces the PS rides on. Then reverse the process. 10 minutes tops.

DirectR

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
I have a Thermaltake Armor Black (with the pop up) on the top. For the life of me, I can't take out the psu. Please help