Sign in with
Your question

PSU difficulties in Thermaltake Armor/Kandalf

Last response: in Components
October 28, 2006 9:47:09 AM

Have any of you guys out there got the TT Armor/Kandalf cases?

I've had a look around in reviews and shopping places like newegg with ratings and a lotta ppl said they had difficulties installing their PSU cuz od size/support bracket/top panel in the way/fan in the way/ issues

Could you tell me what power supply you used, and if you had any difficulties?

I've heard Thermaltake's own range don't fit well... LOL
October 30, 2006 7:07:08 PM

I have the black armor (I believe 8000BW or something) and I use this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

It fits fine if you take your time. I'd imagine any poiwersuppply is a bit of a headache to get in there, but they will go if you take your time.

It took me about 30 min to get that one in there, being the first time I used both so ... I could probably re-slap it in there within a few min now that I figured out how to get it in there and use the mount bracket.
October 30, 2006 7:40:16 PM

Quote:
Could you tell me what power supply you used, and if you had any difficulties?

My Armor has had a Liberty 620, a OCZ Gamextreme and a Mushkin 650 in it. I don't see why people would say it's a hassle. It's so roomy, I thought it was easy. Pop out the top drive bay, unscrew and pull out the support beam then mount the PS. I put teflon tape on all surfaces the PS rides on. Then reverse the process. 10 minutes tops.
February 20, 2014 1:48:31 AM

I have a Thermaltake Armor Black (with the pop up) on the top. For the life of me, I can't take out the psu. Please help
!